twenty four

to finding a new hope

"Harry?" Foxfire announced as she approached him, while he stood up at the top of the astronomy tower with Ron and Hermione. Her nerves were going haywire, getting the best of her. She had never felt as though she needed to be nervous around them before, but considering the circumstances, it was warranted. The three looked to her, with what seemed to be, in her mind, clear and obvious anger. "I understand if you guys hate me." She told them, as she fidgeted with the edge of her sleeve. "I'd hate me too." She looked down, slightly ashamed. But not for her feelings for Draco, for the fact that she lied to her friends.

"I don't hate you." Harry told her, trying to understand to the best that he could for her actions. Hermione nodded, still feeling like she couldn't totally trust her friend. But it was obvious the three of them had already discussed the topic of Foxfire, so they had to have come up with good conclusions. "I just wish you would have given us some honesty." He told her once more, as she nodded. He knew when he saw her on the floor in the bathroom with Draco, as he nearly killed him, that something had been going on between the two.

But he'd hardly spoken to Foxfire since that day, and after Dumbledore made that remark of how he'd expect her friends to take care of her, assuring Draco her safety, he knew that was something Dumbledore wanted. Plus, Harry was too good of a person to hate someone he had been close friends with for years. He understood people had reasons behind their actions, and he could see the pain in Foxfire's eyes.

"I know. I agree. And I am so sorry, to all of you." She nodded, looking to Ron as well. "I'd like to offer my help, if you'd take it. I understand I may not be trustworthy right now, but I assure you, I would never do anything against you or what we stand for." And she was right, because even if Draco was a follower of the dark lord, she could never be. And the group knew that as well. They knew she had too much good in her heart to turn to the dark side.

"I've got to finish whatever it was that Dumbledore started." Harry began, informing not only Foxfire, but the other two as well. "And I dont know where that'll lead me, but I'll let you all know where I am when I can." He assured them.  Hermione looked to him, finding it silly that he'd really believe he was doing this on his own, with no assistance from the others.

"I've always admired your courage, Harry. But sometimes, you can be really thick." She shook her head with a small smirk as Harry looked to her, confused. "I mean, you really think you're going to be able to find all those Horcruxes by yourself, do you?" She asked as Ron and Foxfire stepped a little closer. "You need us, Harry." She then turned to Foxfire, and noticed the tear streaks, staining her rosy cheeks. "You need all of us." She acknowledged Foxfire, causing Foxfire to perk up with a little bit of happiness for how forgiving her friends were. Harry nodded slightly, with a little smile on his face, as they all gazed out at the water ahead of them.

"I never realized how beautiful this place was." Harry noted, as above them a phoenix flew around the castle, and off into the distant sunset.