𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄.

𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚖, 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔𝟻:𝟹𝟼 𝙿

𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚖, 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔
𝟻:𝟹𝟼 𝙿.𝙼.

"Emiko, table 4 needs cleaning! I've told you that already!" Julian yelled at me for the 40th time in 2 hours. I never knew working at Sylvia's was this hard. With it being a very popular restaurant, I did understand why Julian always wanted it to be perfect.

I thought working at Sylvia's would be fun but it was stressful. "Julian I'm trying. You gave me 4 tables already. Can you please just bare with me?" I ask, honestly on the verge of crying.

"Do what I say or your up out of here." He says. Due to me needing the job, I did just that. I didn't want him thinking that he could run me but I didn't want to lose my job. The money they were paying was helping back at home.

Grabbing the bucket of soap and water, I walked to table 4 and began cleaning the mess that was left by the previous customers. After cleaning the table, I felt a presence beside me. I turned my head to see Julian.

"There's a couple of guys at the podium waiting to be seated. Take care of them." He pranced his way to the back and I palmed my face, becoming frustrated.

I felt like he was purposely pushing me and it had been that way since I came and applied for this job. Taking the tray of dishes and the bucket of water inside the kitchen, I washed and dried my hands before making my way to the podium.

"Hello, table for how many?" I asked the white guy that stood before me with a smile. "Hi. I called in for a table of 5." He says and I looked into the computer.

"Your name?" I ask. "Jacob Reed." He replies back with a slight head nod. Seeing his name and his table of 5, I grab them their menus and lead the way to their table.

I felt eyes on me but I already knew who it could possibly be. Watching the 5 guys take seats, I took out my notepad to take their drinks.

"What can I get you all to drink?" I ask, looking down at my notepad. It was 5 guys, all staring at little ole me. Inside, I'm having a nervous breakdown and I want to turn around and walk away but I know Julian's watching.

"We all would like a glass of Hennessy on Rocks if that's okay." I heard a smooth, resonant deep voice say. I looked up and somehow, I felt like I knew who it was.

His eyes were very dark, intimidating to it's fullest. I couldn't stand to look him in his eyes any longer. "Let us get some of those famous rolls y'all got too. Don't be stingy." Another say and I incline, walking away in a quickness.

"Emi-." Before Julian could finish, I was passing him up to make my way to the girls bathroom. I felt my breakfast from this morning getting ready to exit my stomach. I paced the bathroom floor, my hands becoming sweaty in the process.

I couldn't get that mans eyes out of my head. Not only was he scary looking but he was also fine or should I say charming, more like captivating. I've never seen a man like him in my life.