𝐓𝐄𝐍.

𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚖, 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔 𝟷𝟷:𝟻𝟼 𝙿

𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚖, 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔
𝟷𝟷:𝟻𝟼 𝙿.𝙼.

"Thank you for everything and for taking me out Shy. I really had a good time with you." I say as we walk up the steps of my porch. "You welcome ma. Anything for you." He says as he looks down at me. Lord this man was fine and if I wasn't so scared, I would risk it all but we were just met so I wouldn't actually cross that line.

"Call me tomorrow alright. Don't make me come looking for you." He jokingly said. "I'll call you. I promise." I held out my pinky for him to take and he did just that.

"Alright beautiful." He says as he walks down the porch steps, heading back to the truck. I watched him get inside but I had a feeling he wasn't gonna pull off until I walked inside.

Walking inside the house, I closed and locked the door behind me, heading to my room. Going inside, I sat down my clutch, untied my heels and took off my dress. I grabbed my towel and wrapped it around myself, going across the hall and into the bathroom to shower.

It was going on 1:00 and I was tired. I had fun with Shy although he scares me a little. I see he plays no games when it comes down to lying or hiding things from him. Other then that, he isn't bad. He's sweet, a gentlemen and honestly, i could see this going far.

-:-

"Alright grandma, I'm heading out." I yell to my grandma, slipping out the door. I started my walk to work that was gonna take me at least 15 minutes. Pulling out my phone, I called Shy and he picked up on the second ring.

"Hello?" I say. "Wassup mamas. You on your way?" He asked. "Yeah. Walking to work." I said. "You walking? Why you ain't tell me you walk? I would've taken you." He said and I giggled. "I'm fine. It keeps me in shape." I said.

"You got that right." He tried to mumble but I heard him very clearly. "Say it again.." I spoke and he sucked his teeth. "Say what?" He asked, playing dumb. "Yeah okay Shy." I said. I stayed on the phone with him until I made it to the salon.

"I'll see you later?" He asked and I closed one of my eyes, trying to make time for him but I knew it would be impossible since I get off late.

"I get off late tonight. Maybe we can see each other tomorrow." I say, looking at my nails. "Ight bet. Got something coming your way." He says before the line went dead. I laughed more to myself, walking inside the salon.

Looking around, my eyes landed on Shelby. Surprisingly, she was in a apron and had a station. "Shelby?" I said and once she saw me, she smiled, running to me and hugging me tight. "Didn't know you were gonna start working here." I said and she shrugged.

"Me either but I'd been doing hair all my life. I showed Mrs. Monae my work and here I am." She said as I followed her back to her station. "Who was you on the phone with?" She asked and I looked at her, thinking of Shy.

"Just a friend." I said and she curled her lips up, I'm guessing knowing I was lying. But all he was, was a friend. Truthfully. "Didn't know friends make you smile like that." She said and I playfully rolled my eyes, going to the back to clock in and speak to Mrs. Monae.

-:-

I threw the towels in the washer before starting it and carrying the empty basket back to the closet. It was going on 6:00 and my feet were killing me. Going to take a seat in Shelby's chair, she smiled towards me, leaning on the back of the chair.

"Tired?" She asked and I nodded my head, letting out a sigh. "So tired." I said and she laughed as the bells on the door ranged, indicating that someone had walked in.

All our eyes shot to the door as there stood a woman. She was dressed in a cream suit jacket but no undershirt and matching cream suit pants with white leather stiletto heels. I couldn't lie, she looked nice. Her hair was bone straight, a middle part down the middle and it looked fresh so why was she here?

"How can I help you miss?" Michelle asked the woman. She looked towards me, sending me a disturbed look while I looked at her confused. "I had an appointment with Tasha." She says, giving Michelle a more appropriate and sweet look.

"Oh, she's in the back with Mrs. Monae. I'll go and get her." Michelle says, leaving to the back. It was quiet between me, Shelby and the woman.

She took a seat in Tasha's chair, her eyes never leaving me. I tried to pay no attention but the dirty looks she was giving me made me uncomfortable.

Tasha and Michelle came from the back and once Tasha saw the girl, she smiled widely, running to her and pulling her in for a wide hug. "Long time no see." Tasha said, giving the girl a smirk.

"Well when you told me what you told me, I had to come down and check it out." The girl said and Tasha giggled childishly, causing me to slightly roll my eyes as me and Shelby watched the two interact.

"Girl, who is that bitch? Coming up in here like she Pablo Escobar's wife." Shelby whispered into my ear. I shrugged my shoulders, turning to face her. I didn't know who she was and I honestly could care-less.

After a while, it was in distinct chatter around the salon due to more customers coming in. The tension between me and the unknown girl died down but what I didn't know was that it would stir back up.

The bells on the door ranged and my eyes shot towards the white woman that was entering. She had a immense bouquet of red roses that was grand. "Order for Emiko Love." She said and my heart dropped as Shelby snickered.

Walking to the woman, she smiled as she placed the flowers in my hands. I sat them down on the table nearby, signing the papers and she left out in a hurry. Picking the flowers back up, I smelled them, letting out a warming sigh at how fresh they were.

"Who are they from?" Shelby asked lowly. Before I could reply, I heard someone speak from behind me. "Yeah, who sent them?" The woman asked, folding her arms, rolling her neck and looking at me viciously.

"Look miss, she don't know you so that means she doesn't have to answer to you! Find you some business home girl because you don't know us. She might not be about that but I for sure am!" Shelby snapped all in one breath causing me to look at her crazily but I was thankful she spoke up because I didn't know what to say.

I wasn't the type to argue with anybody or fight. It wasn't my thing and I didn't harm anybody in life so I never thought that I would ever be put in a position like this. Lord, please help me.

"Was I talking to you? I don't think so. Do you not know who I am? I can ruin your life!" The girl spat back.

"And who are you exactly?!" Shelby asked. "Shelby, it's okay. Don't let her get you out of character. This is your first day. Don't make it your last." I say. I know how Mrs. Monae could get. She hated mess and especially at the salon.

"Yeah, listen to your muppet." She said and I scoffed. "I'm no muppet. I'm just trying to keep her from loosing her job. Tasha, get your customer." I said and Tasha rolled her eyes at me.

"Michelle?" I questioned, trying to get her to calm the situation down because obviously I wasn't doing anything but she just laughed. "No Miko! I wanna know who she is! She think she can ruin my career! Bitch who is you!" Shelby yelled.

"Veronica Taylor-Abbasi Bitch! Google me!"

<>

Comment

Vote

Follow