𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓.

𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚖, 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔𝟺:𝟹𝟹 𝙿

𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚖, 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔
𝟺:𝟹𝟹 𝙿.𝙼.

I was sitting on the porch, watching cars drive by and kids play in the yards of their home. Today wasn't just any normal day. I was highly strung but anxious on how things were gonna go tonight.

I didn't take Shy serious when he first asked to take me out but the look he gave me at lunch yesterday, I see he didn't like that I thought he was joking. "Miko?" I heard, slightly turning my neck to the left of me seeing Shelby.

She walked up to me, taking a seat beside me. "What happened? I thought you were gonna be at work today." She asked. "Well, I don't work there anymore. There was an accident." I say, showing uncomfortable in my stance and look. I figured she seen because she she said,

"Oh. Well ian' gonna get in your business." I nodded. "Why aren't you there?" I asked and she chuckled, rolling her eyes. "I quit. We got a new manager since Julian hasn't showed his face. He hasn't even called in." She says and my heart flutters but I don't show it.

"Oh." Was all I said before I heard my grandma call my name. "Wanna come inside or was you on your way?" I ask and she shook her head. "I was on my way. Just stopped to say hey. See you later?" She asked and I nodded. She got up and continued her walk down the street.

I walked back inside the house, finding my grandma in the kitchen with a very frustrated look on her face. "Yes ma'am?" I said and she sighed intensely. I knew something wasn't right and it was written all over her face.

"Is everything okay?" I ask, looking down at the paper that sat in front of her. She didn't answer me so I walked around the counter, picking up the paper. Seeing that it was my hospital bill, I sighed.

"I don't know how I'm going to pay for that." She says and I rub her back, still looking at the paper. "$1,548.." I mumbled, not believing anything that was typed onto this paper.

"$1,548 dollars! I only was in there for a night!" I shout as I throw the paper. "Calm down Emiko, it's fine. I'll find a way to pay it." She says but I didn't want to hear anything at the moment.

$1,548 dollars just for being in a hospital for a night. I never knew hospital bills costs so much. How were we gonna pay for this? I walked inside my room, going inside my closet, pulling everything out speedily until I found my shoe box that held all my saved up cash.

Opening it and pulling out what seemed to be a lot, I sigh in disbelief when it was only $200. I could cry. I was bringing stress on my grandma for something that happened to me, something I could've prevented. How was I gonna pay for it? There was a knock at the door and I got up to check my window and see who was outside. We hardly had any visitors.

I seen a car outside with Angel's Bulgari decaled on the side of it. I frowned before hearing the front door close and my grandma shout my name. Running to the front, she held a brown box in her hand, her face not so saddened anymore, instead, it held joy.