𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍.

𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚖, 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔𝟷𝟶:𝟷𝟶 𝙿

𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚖, 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔
𝟷𝟶:𝟷𝟶 𝙿.𝙼.

Looking through the cabinets, I found two plates and two glasses. Taking them out, I sat them down and made me and Shy's plates. "So did you handle what you had to handle?" I asked, sitting food onto our plates.

Not getting an answer, I looked over my shoulder to see him on his phone. I shook my head, playfully rolling my eyes and grabbing his plate and sliding it over in front of him.

Sitting down his glass of Sweet Tea, he sent me smile and I returned one, digging in because lord knows I was starving. As usual, it was quiet between us. My head hung low as I ate, my mind slowly starting to take over but I felt Shy staring at me.

I sighed to myself, knowing he sensed something that I was trying my hardest to keep from him. "Wassup? You got something to tell me?" He asked but I ignored. Not in a mean way though, just didn't want to speak about anything that was discussing my grandma.

"Emiko." He said solemnly and I raised my head, looking at him. "Hm?" I ask as he stuck the fork of food in his mouth. "Wassup? Is it something on your mind?" He asked and I shook my head swiftly.

"No." I say and he sucked his teeth, using his paper towel to wipe his mouth. "You ain't got to lie to me Emiko. If it's just something you don't want to tell me, let me know." He said and I shook my head.

"I'm fine Shy. Really. There's nothing I don't want to tell you." I lied but I don't know why I even did that. When Shy says he sees through me, I actually believe him. He makes me believe him because he knows everything. He knows when I'm at my lowest, when I'm hiding something, when I'm lying, he knew it all.

"Alright. You talked to your grandma about your uncle and what he did to you." He asked, head now resting on his hands as he waited for my answer. After a while I was finished with my food, walking to the sink and beginning to wash my dish before sitting it in the rack. Drying my hands off with paper towel, I exited the kitchen, not knowing Shy was right behind me.

Before I could sit down on the couch, he grabbed my arm, keeping me up, turning me towards him. "If you don't want to talk about it just say that Emiko. Don't ignore me. That shit disrespectful." He says as I look away.

"Well I don't want to talk about it. I'm not going to talk to her." I said, going to sit back down but he pulled my arm , keeping me up again. "Why not? That's ya' grandma." He said.

"I don't want to talk about it." I said, hoping he would leave it alone but he was the type to force it out of you. "Well now I wanna know. Tell me." He said and I sighed.

"Just forget about it Shy! I don't wanna talk about it!" My voice grew loud as I walked away. I didn't mean to get loud but I was becoming angrier the more I thought about it. Looking at Shy, his eyes turned dark. My stomach began to turn as he walked to me.