𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄.

𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚖, 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔𝟾:𝟶𝟼 𝙰

𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚖, 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔
𝟾:𝟶𝟼 𝙰.𝙼.

I was watching Tv when there was soft knocks on the door. My eyes shot to my grandma who got up to see who it was. A nurse appeared with the widest smile.

"Miss Love...How are you beautiful?" She asked me. "Just a small headache." I said with a shrug and she nods her head. "Yeah, you will have those due to the hard hit you took to the head." She said.

"Usually you would have to pick up the medication that we make for you from the pharmacy but it's already been taken care of. Here's your release form. Sign it and take it to the lady at the front desk on your way out." She says as she exits the room.

"Grandma, you got a pen?" I asked and she digged in her purse, pulling out a black pen. She handed it to me and I wrote down my signature on both sheets. After signing the paper's, my grandma helped me out the bed and into the bathroom.

"Let me help you." She says and I laugh. "It's okay Grandma. I got it." I say assuringly. "You sure?" She asks and I nod with a smile. She walked out and left me alone. As soon as the door closed, I found myself staring into the mirror. I didn't think my face was this bad but I could hardly even recognize myself.

I didn't think Julian would go so far but you can never judge a book by its cover. After staring at myself, I felt a tear make its way down my cheek. I quickly wiped it, started the shower and stripped out my clothes so I could get in.

After 20 minutes of bathing, I stepped out. I grabbed a freshly folded towel and dried myself off before throwing on the clothes my grandma had brought which was some undergarments, gray joggers and a black t-shirt. Walking out, my grandma smiled.

We gathered everything and I even took a set of flowers. I was tempted to take them all but my grandma was rushing me. I grabbed the discharge papers and we left out the room and went to the front desk.

"The nurse told me to give you this." I say and she grabs them, reading over them in 2 minutes. "Oh okay. You take this copy and we keep this copy." She said breaking apart the once stapled paper.

"Thank you." I mouthed. I grabbed my grandma's hand and we left out the hospital. Looking around, a black truck pulled up in front of us. I frowned as I watched the white man get out. He walked around and opened the door for us.

"He don't ask us our name?" My grandma asked a confused me. "I don't know. He should have shouldn't he." I say and she laughs as we get inside. He closes the door and gets in himself, pulling off. Grandma told him the address and it didn't take long before we arrived.

I was glad to be back at home although I was only in the hospital for a night. I wanted to forget about last night, I wanted to forget about Julian. It was memories I didn't want to have, nor think about.

"Excuse me ma'am. Are you gonna get out?" The man asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. I met eyes with him through the rearview mirror before chuckling lowly in slight embarrassment.