𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄.

𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚖, 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔 𝟷𝟶:𝟷𝟶 𝙿

𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚖, 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔
𝟷𝟶:𝟷𝟶 𝙿.𝙼.

As me and Shy walked down the stairs, I looked around for Shelby but seen her no where in sight. I thought she would've been out the bathroom but I guess I was mistaken.

Taking a quick glance at Shy, he had this look of irritation. I frowned before rubbing his hand with my thumb. "You alright?" I ask as he looked down at me. "Yeah, why?" He asked. "You look annoyed. Are you sure everything is fine?" I ask and he nods his head. As usual, I take his word.

He introduced me to many more people before we found ourselves back where we started. At the bar. The sound of a spoon tapping a glass made me turn around and face the stage.

I watched as the buff white man made his entrance with a wide smile. Feeling Shy's arm wrap around my waist, he pulled me closer to him. "I want to thank everyone for coming to my event tonight. As always, I see the same faces." The guy says as everyone laughs. As he continues talking, I feel Shy pinch my waist causing me to wince.

"Ow. Shy." I say before he looks down at me with confusion on his face. "What?" He questioned. I stared at him for a while, trying to read him because something wasn't right. "Are you okay?" I ask again and he smacked his lips.

"How many times are you gonna ask me that?" He asked and I didn't say anything, I just let it go as Shelby walked up. "My bad. Had to fix myself up." She said but I really wasn't listening, I was curious on what was going on with Shy because he was acting weird, tense like something was bound to happen and Shy was never tense.

Once I tuned back in, the man was exiting the stage and everyone went back to chattering. I turned to Shy to see him staring in a certain direction. Following his eyes, they landed on a girl whom looked very familiar.

I couldn't get a good glimpse of her from a far but I was anxious. "Miko." I heard Shelby say. Turning to face her, she was ordering a drink. "Hm?" I say. "Why is he looking all mean?" She asked, referring to Shy. Looking over my shoulder at him, I mugged him slightly.

"Don't know and don't care." I say. If I would've told Shelby that he was staring at another girl, she would go ballistic. Even though she thinks we're just friends, she would think that's disrespectful and it is, especially after we've expressed our feelings to each other.

"You okay?" She asked me as I signaled for the bartender to come over. "Yes ma'am?" He asked. "Give me something that's gonna loosen me." I say and he nodded before leaving away.

"I thought you said no drinking?" Shelby said. "It is." I say with a shrug. "You told me not to drink." She said. "Well I need this." I said before the bartender came back, handing me a small glass of dark liquor.

Before I could even put it to my lips, Shy snatched it out of my hand causing me and Shelby to look at him crazily. "What was that for!" I asked. "Who you yellin' at?" He gritted and I rolled my eyes.