𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍.

𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚖, 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔 𝟹:𝟶𝟾 𝙿

𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚖, 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔
𝟹:𝟶𝟾 𝙿.𝙼.

Looking over my shoulder at Shy who watched me closely, I turned back around, facing the door, running my palms down my pants to wipe away the sweat that was forming on my hands.

My chest heaved as I raised my hand up to knock on the door. Knocking twice, I heard indistinct chatter before the door opened. I thought it would've been my grandma but shoot, luck just doesn't find it's way to me.

"Well look here." My Uncle said as he smiled down at me. I felt uncomfortable as he stood over me. His hand swiped my thigh causing my heart to drop in trepidation. As he looked down at me, his eyes then roamed behind me. I'm guessing he saw Shy's truck.

Looking behind me, Shy's window was now down and he was watching my Uncle with a slight mug and a death glare. Slipping by him and entering my grandma's house while I had the chance, I called out for her. "Grandma!" I yell, walking inside the living room.

Hearing a door shut in the back, I heard heavy footsteps coming down the hallway before it revealed my grandma. Once our eyes met, she gasped loudly, quickly making her way too me and hugging me tightly.

I wanted to wrap my arms around her but I couldn't. I knew that this wouldn't end well, I just had a gut feeling and sometimes, my gut feeling was never wrong.

"Where have you been? Look at your hair!" She said. "I've been staying at Shy's house." I said and she smiled. "He couldn't come in here and speak? He should be ashamed." She said. "Well I just came here to talk to you for a quick minute." I said, feeling a breeze behind me.

"Is everything alright baby? You look tense. Relax." She rested her hand on my shoulder and I smiled a lil, trying to take off some of her concern although my stomach was doing back flips with my Uncle behind me.

"What's there to talk about Emiko?" My Uncle chimed in and I looked at my grandma, seeing her waiting for my answer. "It's something I need to talk to my grandma about. Alone." I say and he chuckles to himself, his hands behind his back.

"We're family Miko. Anything you need to say, you can say around your Uncle." My grandma spoke but I shook my head swiftly. "No! I-." I stopped myself from talking, catching myself from yelling even though I had already did and my grandma was looking at me upside my head like I was crazy.

"Who are you yelling at chile?" She asked and I sighed. I grabbed her hand, pulling her into the kitchen. "I want to talk to you alone. Please. I don't want him in here." I said and she slowly walked to me, grabbing my chin, examining my face, closely but carefully.

"What the hell happened to your face? Shy been putting his hands on you?" She asked and I shook my head no. "No grandma. But that's what I was wanting to talk to you about." I said and she raised a brow.