𝐒𝐈𝐗.

𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚖, 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔𝟿:𝟻𝟿 𝙰

𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚖, 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔
𝟿:𝟻𝟿 𝙰.𝙼.

As soon as I closed the door, I let out a breath that I didn't even know I was holding. Gosh that boy makes me nervous. After a few deep breaths, I finally got myself together and walked inside the kitchen, jumping in fright of my grandma.

"Explain. You say he's no friend but he's starting to appear Chile." She says and I do a small giggle. "He's not a friend grandma. I don't know him from a can of paint. I just met him yesterday at work." I say and she looks at me as if I'm lying but I was honestly telling the truth.

"What did he say?" She asks. "He says he wants to take me out but I don't know. I don't really know him like that." I said and she looked at me crazily. "What?! Girl he looks like everything you need in a man. Your going on that date. Whether you like it or not." She says, exiting the kitchen, leaving me alone to think to myself.

He doesn't even know my name, nothing about me and he wants to take me on a date. What if he just wants to have sex with me? I mean, that's what most of these guys want from us girls nowadays anyway. Maybe it's best I don't compare him with the other guys, maybe he's actually into me...

-:-

It was the next day, Saturday and everyone was out. I was walking down the sidewalk, trying not to make myself noticeable but I know the bruises on my face was causing everyone's attention to be on me.

I hated being center of attention, worst feeling ever to have all eyes on you. "Emiko?" I heard from behind me. Turning around, Shelby was approaching me. She had a wide smile on her face before she hugged me tightly and I silently winced.

"Hey girl." I gave her a smile, but only I knew what was behind that. "Where you headed too? Didn't think I would see you out since your not a people's person." She says and I chuckle.

"Just taking a walk. My grandma didn't want me cooped up in the house." I say with a shrug and she nods, I guess understanding.

"You wanna come over? My house is just down the street." She says and I slightly turn my head, not so sure but I kind of had no choice but to go when she dragged me along.

The walk to her house was indeed down the street. The apartment complex she stayed in wasn't the best. I know it took her a while to get used to the environment since things for her were a little different back at home.

She began to fiddle with her keys before she unlocked her door, pushing her shoulder into it to get it open. I hesitantly walked in and took a look around. It was coming together, not so well furnished but stuff like that took time.

I sat on the loveseat, looking at her as she kicked her shoes off and threw her keys to the counter. "Want something to smack on?" She asked and I shook my head no.