𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘.

𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚖, 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎 𝚆𝚎𝚎𝚔𝚜 𝙻𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛𝟷𝟷:𝟸𝟶 𝙰

𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚖, 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔
𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎 𝚆𝚎𝚎𝚔𝚜 𝙻𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛
𝟷𝟷:𝟸𝟶 𝙰.𝙼.

I sat in bed, staring up at the ceiling for what felt like the 100th day. Only time I got out of bed was to shower and eat. My phone was dead and I didn't even think to charge it. Hearing soft knocks at the door, I ignored.

"I'm coming in." I heard Shelby say and I groaned, covering my face dramatically with the covers. She smacked her lips. "Get up Miko, I made you breakfast." She said. "Okay. Thanks. Just sit it down." I said. "Emiko." She said sternly, sounding like my mother.

I removed the covers from over my eyes, seeing her standing with a tray of food. "Get up." She said and I sighed, doing as told. I sat up before she sat the tray down over my lap.

"Where you get this from?" I asked. "I went to the grocery store. There was nothing in there." She said and I laughed to myself, picking up my fork and digging in. As I ate in silence, I could feel her staring a hole into my face. Slowly lifting my head, our eyes met before she laughed.

"You wanna talk about it?" She asked, one eye open and the other squinted. "Talk about what?" I played dumb. She smacked her lips, "You know what I'm talking about. The Shy situation." She said and I rolled my eyes. "What about it?" I asked, taking a sip of the Apple Juice that sat on the nightstand beside me.

"Why did it go like that? Like why did you get so upset about him having a fiancé when y'all are just friends." She asked and I sighed. I debated with myself on if I should tell her or not but she was my friend and I knew that I could trust her.

"Well, we expressed our feelings to each other about how we felt. He told me he was tired of being friend zoned and how he was ready to get together and how I was 'secretly his'. He put all that stuff in my head, making me think I was the only one he wanted. I've dodged so many guys in my life and the one time I let one in, this happens." I said, feeling her reach for my hands as she caressed them.

"It's gonna be okay Miko. You know there's an explanation for everything so maybe y'all need to talk. Besides, you had me thinking y'all did something because you were so emotional." She said.

"That's because we did." I said, staring at her blankly as her eyes grew wide. She began to choke on her words as I playfully rolled my eyes. "Y'all did the freaky?" She asked and I sighed, nodding my head. "Yes, we did. That's why I'm so upset because after holding my guard up and when I finally put it down and give myself to him, he did this." I say, feeling tears form in the brim of my eyes.

I was tired of crying over him although I did miss him but I don't think I could forgive him. "Damn. Maybe y'all just need to talk. Call him up." She said and I shook my head swiftly.

"That's what I'm not doing. I'm not ready to face him." I said getting out the bed and taking the tray into the kitchen, Shelby right behind me. "Come on Miko. Just hear him out. I don't think he mean't to hurt you. Besides, look at how Veronica acts, she probably planned that." She said before I snapped my neck at her.