𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍.

𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚖, 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔 𝟿:𝟶𝟶 𝙿

𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚖, 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔
𝟿:𝟶𝟶 𝙿.𝙼

"So, what you been up too? The shop has been boring without you." Shelby said as we stood in the bathroom. She was brushing through my fresh installed wig that was surprisingly my first.

"No it hasn't. I'm thinking about finding another one and quitting Mo's Salon. She doesn't pay me enough even though I get why. All I do is sweep floors and wash towels." I said, slightly rolling my eyes. Shelby laughed.

"Girl, you better find you another job. Besides, Monae been cutting my check down ever since that Veronica bitch came." Shelby said. "What you mean? She works there or something?" I asked, not really caring but I was curious.

"Yeah. She does make up or whatever. I don't know why. The bitch has money." Shelby said, going on and on about this Veronica girl but I tuned her out. After my first encounter with her, I knew that we wouldn't get along.

Checking the time, it read 9:34 P.M. "Alright, your all set." Shelby said, turning me around to face her. I smiled and she laughed. "Your so bright Miko. I love you." She said and I laughed. "Am I?" I asked and she smacked her lips, leaving out.

"You ready to go back to your man?" Shelby asked and I playfully rolled my eyes, slipping on Shy's shoes. "That's not my man Shelby. We're just friends." I said, following after her and going to her car. "Mhm." She says in denial but it was true.

Me and Shy were only friends. Yeah he was handsome but I just didn't know about a relationship. I've only known him for two months. Maybe my feelings for him will change but as of now, I only seen him as a friend.

Getting inside her car, we got settled before she took off back to the pizza parlor. The only reason I told her to meet me at the pizza parlor is because I didn't know if Shy wanted people knowing where he lived. I was just being cautious, not that Shelby isn't someone you couldn't trust.

Arriving outside the pizza parlor, she put her car in park, turning to look at me. "It was fun seeing you again. You have me thinking he's keeping you hostage." She joked and I shook my head. "Nah, it's just, who would want to go out with a bruise on their face?" I asked and she giggled. "Your right. You gotta start being careful." She said and I nodded.

"You look pretty. Green hair looks pretty on you and so does the natural look on your face." She added. "You think so? I haven't wore make up since my mothers funeral and I was 10. Just a little eye shadow and some lipstick and color hair? Never would I thought." I said and she laughed.

"Well this is a full beat and a full installment. You are slayed to the gods. Maybe you'll get some dick." She said and I looked at her disgustedly. "Yup. It's time to go." I said, opening her door and stepping out. "Thanks again for everything Shelby. Call you tomorrow?" I asked.

"Yeah. Bye girl." She said before I shut the door and started my walk to Shy's apartment building that was only 5 minutes away. Humming to myself as I walked at a steady pace, I eventually made it. Seeing one of Shy's cars, which indeed he has a lot, I seen that he was back.