Chapter 53

AN: i forgot where we are in this. I'm so sorry I've left it so long if anyone comes back to this. I'm gonna do a little time jump just so that I can pick up somewhere and it be a little less messy. Enjoy if you're here :)

5 months later
Toby had begun to settle down a little more in London. His father was preparing for his surgery and toby was gaining popularity. Turns out people like a mysterious American boy in London where not much goes on. He had bumped up his relationships status from single and missing his ex girlfriend to taken but missing his ex girlfriend.

Mackenzie was a nice girl. She was smart, got his humour and helped guide him to living a normal life in a foreign country. She was his first friend here and Toby had taken a liking to her. She kept him... distracted. While being distracted from his miserable life was a good thing, it wasn't the right reason to ask someone to be your girlfriend.

"Hey Toby, me and some of my friends are going to go shopping after school, some of the guys are gonna meet us there to. Do you want to come with? It'll be good to get out every once in a while" Mackenzie said down the phone to her boyfriend.

Toby sighed and looked at the time. 4:03pm. It would be 1pm in Rosewood right now. That would mean it would be lunch time so they wouldn't be busy. He could call a friend, listen to their voices and imagine he wasn't in this sucky situation.

"Sorry kenzie, I'm not feeling to good right now. I think I'm gonna have to pass." Toby added a cough at the end for emphasis.

"Are you okay? Is it me? You done this the last time I invited you out. Is it my friends? Have I done something wrong?" She quizzed, Toby sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"No everything is fine. I'm just feeling a bit under the weather. What about tomorrow?"

"Ok then. See ya" she sounded disappointed but Toby brushed it off. It wasn't his fault he had no interest in anything like that. Toby opened up his laptop and opened FaceTime. He let his mouse hover over her name before quickly deciding on Emily. He couldn't face her right now.

-:-

"Toby hey!" Emily said in her normal bubbly voice. Emily hadn't spoken with him for a while. She'd missed him a lot.

"Hey em, how are you"

"I'm doing okay thank you, apart from missing you. We all miss you" Emily have a small smile and looked down.

"I miss you all too. So much." Toby said, thinking of a certain someone. "How's the family doing"

"My mum is doing good. My dad got to come home for a few weeks so that was really nice. How about you? How's your dad?"

"My dad is doing okay. We're getting closer to the top of the waiting list for the transplant. Fingers crossed it's just a few more months until he can have it done."

"That's great to hear. How have you settled in? Made any new friends? Emily asked.

"Yeah I have... actually I have a girlfriend" toby said shyly. Emily looked a bit lost for words. "Yeah she's funny and smart and pretty and she just makes my time here a little less miserable"

"That's... good for you."

"Yeah it is" Toby said, however he sounded unsure himself.

-:-

Emily sat on Spencer's bed later that night. Unsure whether or not Spencer would want to know this newly found information. Spencer hadn't been seeing anyone else. She had a loyalty to Toby that just wouldn't seem to shift.

"So Toby FaceTimed me earlier today" Emily said, breaking the silence between the pair. Spencer looked up from the textbook.

"How's he doing?"

"Good... he's got a girlfriend" Emily blurted out.

"Oh okay. That could be cool" Spencer looked down at her textbook, seemingly getting back to work. Emily looked at her for some reassurance but Spencer kept focused on the book.

Spencer's pov
A new girlfriend? Well I mean, why wouldn't he have a new girlfriend. He's got a new life in England. We hardly ever speak anymore. I'm not even his girlfriend anymore. I haven't been for a long time. We don't even have feelings for each other anymore. However that may be a bit of a lie. I'm over him anyways, I don't care if he has a girlfriend.

I wonder what her name is? Is she pretty? Does he call her cute little nick names like he did to me?  What about — stop it Spencer don't go there. You don't care about it. YOU DONT CARE ABOUT IT.

"Spence, you okay over there?" Emily asked. Spencer let go of her hulk like strength grasping her pencil.

"I'm totally fine. Just a tricky question on this piece of homework"

But the real tricky question was, would she ever be over this boy. Or would she even ever talk to him again, let alone see him again.

Hey guys!! It's me again. Let me know what you think. Should I try and pick this story back up again and get things moving back at rosewood? Comment!!