Chapter 1

Spencer's POV
I was in the locker room tying my laces and stretching when the coach came in.

"Come on girls its show time" coach shouted, my butterflies started to flutter.

One by one we all cartwheeled out in to the centre of the pitch each landing with a front handspring twist. Since I'm captain I went out first. We stood in front of the soccer players and as usually, I stood in front of Toby Cavanaugh, the soccer captain and I knelt down.
"Nice one Hastings, now you can enjoy
watching me like I know you do" he whispered, he's so cocky.

"You wish" I scoffed.

We put on our greatest smiles while the school cheered for us. The other team ran in and our school booed.

"Good luck Cavanaugh, I know you find it hard to focus on the game when the only thingy you focus on is trying to look up my skirt" I said easing an eyebrow.

"Pull it down then spencer" he patted my shoulder and ran to start the game.

We wasn't really friends, we was more frenemies, (friendly enemies). We would just talk in class if we have to and meet every Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays with the teams to discuss our cheer and their entrance. If they won a game, me and Toby would have to have a picture holding the trophy together since we were both the captains of our teams because apparently there's no soccer game with out the cheer leaders. I have to admit as much as I hate Toby, he's kinda hot. He's thought of the bad, popular, good looking boy at school.

Toby's POV
It's normal before every soccer game for me and spencer to have some banter and she's the reason that I find playing soccer fun because she encourages me to do my best by making me feel like me and her have a competition to see who's best. She's like my motivation. If she's not there, I know it sounds bad, but I'm not at my best because I feel like I have no competition or someone to show off to and the rest of my team can do the work. We don't get along but we both know deep down that we could possibly find a liking towards each other and school wouldn't be the same without us winding each other up. we're like the cool, iconic duo. We always get told to stop flirting by our coaches but we say we're not although I kinda think we do.

After the game the cheerleaders came out and done their routine, as usual spencer in front doing the hard gymnastics stuff like flips and twists while the others followed her lead. I secretly enjoyed watching it because it was interesting to watch how many ways she could bend. I finished the game and went to the locker rooms. I walked past the girls and as I did spencer came out, tying up het hair. She knocked into the side of me.

"Sorry". She said not realising who it was.

"Oh it's you, I take that back" she added rolling her eyes.

"It's ok Hastings, I know how you like banging into me. But let's save that for when we're not a school" I teased.

"No I needed to find my coach"

"Really I think you just wanted to see
me and try and tease me but it's not working"

"Oh in your dreams. Just because you like my attention, doesn't mean you have to make up the scenarios in your head little boy" she said and rolled her eyes playfully.

Alison's POV
Spencer is my cousin, I helped her get popular and she's now in my group with my friends Aria, Emily and Hanna, Mona. We're the popular girls. All on the cheerleading squad that Spencer's the captain of. I'm the most pretty and popular but some people have been sayings it's spencer which I am annoyed about. Without me she'd be a nerd. But who cares, we rule the school together along with Spencer's twin brother Jason and Toby. Personally I think spencer and Toby like each other but when ever I mention it she changes the subject.

"Hey Spence what took you so long" I said when she finally came back.

"I was talking to the coach"

"Don't act innocent. I saw you talking to Toby. You so like him. Want me to talk to him for you?"

"I dint like him. Will you quit saying I do" she said annoyed.

"I'm your big cousin dont be shy with your feelings, I wont tell"

She rolled her eyes and walked off to get changed.

Sorry the first chapter was short I'm starting school again tomorrow so got to have an early night🙄 next will be longer and have more drama....