Chapter 49

Toby sat in his loft on the couch. He was supposed to be packing but he just couldn't bring himself to do it. He'd only just got his own place and finally felt at home now he had to up and leave just like that. It just wasn't fair.

There was a knock at the door. Toby ignored it until he found out who was behind.

"Open this door Tobias cavanaugh or I'll take it off it's hinges it myself" Spencer called while thumping on the door.

Toby went to the door and opened it and Spencer flung her arms around his neck, pulling him into a hug.

"Why haven't you been answering my texts and calls." Spencer asked holding him tight.

"Because I've needed time to think. Could we sit down please" Toby pulled away and led her to the couch. Spencer held his hand but Toby gently pulled it away.

"What I'm about to do is by far the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Spencer I really hate to do this but I'm breaking up with you. Before you interrupt, please let me explain. I'm going across the country for god knows how long. It could be years. My dad wants to turn his life around and he has another chance to do so in London and I have to be there for him. After he's gotten the transplant, my dads decided he'll settle down in Spain with the rest of my family and I need to be there for him again and for my family. My Nan is in Spain with my aunties and uncles and I can't be away from all my family forever, growing up with just my dad has felt so lonely and I need my family and they need me. I love you so much but I can't ask you to keep a long distance relationship with me for years on end. It's unfair on the both of us and would just make us bored and miserable. I'll still come to visit our friends everyone now and then but we'll just have to be friends. I'm so sorry Spencer. Just know that these months with you have been perfect and what we have is real. I love you" Toby explained while trying to hold back tears which were fighting to come out.

"I have use the restroom. Just give me a second." Spencer said and ran to the bathroom. She couldn't break down in front of Toby and make him feel bad but she couldn't hold it in. She wanted to be alone. She stood in front of the mirror and leg all hell break loose. She sobbed into her hands and slid down the bathroom wall.

Meanwhile Toby threw a cushion across the room, breaking a picture of him and Spencer. He sobbed into a pillow and wished his life was different.

:(