Chapter 46

Today was the day. The day that the judges from the international cheerleading university came to see if there's anyone they could offer a scholar. Originally, Spencer thought it was just her team she was up against but no. Today she would be competing against every cheer team in the state. She was was beyond nervous.

As spencer stretched in one of the classrooms at her school in private, she began to worry her solo routine wasn't complex enough, or that she'd fall or make a mistake and humiliate herself in front of everyone one the hall.

Spencer took a sip of water and she heard the door open. She turned around to see Toby walking with a smile on his face.

"Hey you" he grinned hugging her.

"Hey what are you doing here?" She asked, Toby said he might not be able to make it because his grandparents were coming into town.

"I couldn't miss this. I wanted to see you"

"Or did you wanna see all the hot cheerleaders from all over the state" she teased.

"Out of all the girls here, you're the only hot one I see" Toby flirted leaning in for a kiss.

After they pulled away, aria came in telling spencer to come to the changing rooms for some final tips and words from their coach.

"Girls, when you go out there, you're best will always be enough. If this doesn't work out for you, it just means that you're too good for them. When you go out there, dont focus on what's in front of you, don't look at the judges and other people, just focus on yourself. Whatever you guys do, I'm sure will be amazing" the coach told them.

-:-

A couple hours later, there had been many solo and group routines and rosewood was the last school to go up. It started off with their group routine. The girls walked in; Emily, Alison, Mona, Aria, Sydney, Jenna, Hanna, Olivia, Holly, Megan, Taylor, Jessica, Catherine, Amy and Spencer.

The girls got into position and spencer scanned the room, she didn't usually get nervous but today she was. She gulped as the loud music began to pump of the speakers. In their routine there were all kinds of twists and turns, flips and spins, lifts and balances which was all very complex and high level.

For the solos only a few girls from the team was going to do one because they were the ones competing for the scholar, the had to have a group routine to see what they'd look like and how big of a part they play in a routine. For the solos, competing was spencer, aria, Hanna, Alison, spencer and Mona.

Spencer knew that all of them were incredible at cheer and hadn't seen their routines yet and felt anxious in case her friends ones were absolutely amazing and hers was too simple. She looked in her crowd to find Toby and looking at him instantly put her mind to ease.

Out of her friends, she was the last to go meaning she was the last contestant, all the pressure was on her for the grand finale.

After the girls performances, spencer was blown away and was shaking with fear. Her name got called and after the clapping, for about half a minute, the room fell completely silence. She braced herself for what seemed to be a performance of a lifetime. The music began and she began her routine. But did she do it to the full expectations or was not enough?

Soccer and cheerleading: spoby styleOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara