Chapter 33

Spencer sat in the brew stirring her now cold coffee while Andrew blabbed on about the decathlon team.

"Maybe you should join" Andrew suggested. Spencer lifted he head and looked at him like he was joking. "Seriously, you're smart. I think you should give it a go"

"Are you kidding. It's so boring. Why would I wanna meet up with a bunch of nerds every week to do more school work. I'm a jock. I do cheerleading and participate in sports clubs. Not-- you're weirdo stuff" she chuckled.

Andrew looked rather offended but shook it off and ordered another couple of cakes. For the past hour, he'd been trying everything to impress her and make it seem like he was better then Toby. Although Andrew didn't know about her and Toby dating, he felt like he had to compete for her attention with Toby.

"I'm a jock too you know. I play all sorts" he lied, he flexed his arms but there was barely any muscle to show.

"Yeah, what ones" she asked, suddenly getting interested.

"Rugby. Toby doesn't do that though. He told me he was too scared about getting body tackled and pushed over" he lied again.

"Oh really because the squad has done a cheer for the rugby team and you wasn't there" spencer questioned.

"I was ill that day"

"Well they're at practice right now. They practice on Thursdays after school so shouldn't you be there" she asked.

"Well I told the coach I couldn't come. But if you wanna see me in action, I'll take you there now" he offered thinking she wouldn't say yes.

"Sure, id enjoy that"

Andrew gulped and drove spencer to the school. Andrew asked the coach in private if he could join the team. Fortunately for Andrew, there was a free position so he gave Andrew the uniform and let him go change. Spencer sat on the bleachers waiting for him. While waiting, she received a call from Toby.

"Hey babe" she greeted.

"Are you still with Andrew" he asked, annoyance evident in his voice.

"Yeah. He's gonna show me how to play rugby after he's finished rugby practice"

"Oh, so are you not gonna be home for a while" he asked really wanting her to come home.

"No. I'll probably be home at around eight so tell my mom I won't be home for dinner" she said, slightly teasing him since she knew he wanted to see her.

"So why is Andrew playing rugby, he isn't on the team" Toby asked.

"He said, he was so perhaps he's only just joined recently" she suggested.

"He's just trying to get you to like him Spence. I don't think he's a good guy so why don't you just come home and we could watch a movie, it'll be nice and relaxing and Jason's not home again so--"

"Gotta go. Bye Toby! See you soon" she interrupted then ended the call.

Toby sighed and threw his phone onto the couch. Toby picked up his jacket and headed out to the school to join in the so called fun.....