Chapter 8

Spencer's POV
I wake up not so excited for prom tonight. My phones notifications go off and I notice the time is 3:30 am. I bury my head in my pillow and make a chrysalis like what caterpillars go in when they turn to butterflies with my duvet and try to fall back to sleep but I can't. I just keep thinking I could've gone with the hottest and most popular guy in school who likes me but instead I have to go with a ugly, weirdo nerd. Wow... my high school prom is going to be a night to remember... I roll my eyes at the thought of him. I check my social media and realise Toby's finally posted a new picture.

                      106 likes                      tobycavanaugh: proms gonna suck this year🙄

                   106 likes
   tobycavanaugh: proms gonna suck this year🙄
...
                      Alisondilaurentis: I'll go with you babe 😉
                      Jennysmith: wow toby
Sarahlott: 😍
Briarlow: peng, amazing😉💟
Jasonhastings: Toby's pulling the girls😂😏
Calebrivers: bro💪🏼
Spencerhastings: looking good😍

I Decided to comment on his photo since he once did on mine and I still felt bad about letting him down for prom when he done all that for me. I put my phone down and went and opened my laptop. I went on a app I have called house party. It's basically a FaceTime app where you can video chat loads of people at once and it can tell you who's having a call with someone and you can't join. I realised Toby was online but he wasn't on a call. I requested to video chat him but it took him a while to answer.
*on FaceTime*
"Hey" I said adjusting the screen so he could see me.
"What's a Hastings doing up so late at night" he chuckled.
"Stalking your Instagram, just joking I woke up and can't sleep"
"The fact is the first one is probably true" he said and I blushed.
"What you up to" I asked
"Reading your comment on my post, spencer Hastings commented 'looking good' with a heart eyed emoji. I should really tell her that she's got a boyfriend so she shouldn't say that"
"Haha very funny, Andrews not my boyfriend I just promised to be his date to prom" I said moving the camera to face the wall.
"Where did you go" he asked as I took of my jumper and found a tank top"
"I'm just getting changed, one sec"
"Ooh can I see" he laughed.
"No you perv" I said sitting back in front of the camera
"So how did Andrew ask you to prom"
"He just asked me in class and made me swear I would"
"Blow him off" he begged. He looked so cute with his top of sitting in a dark room in bed.
"I really want to but I can't" I said with a sad face.
"Can you meet me quickly"'
"Of course I can't" I looked at my Apple Watch and it was 4:01AM.
"Please I wanna see you, just sneak out. I double dare you"
"Oh you know spencer Hastings never turns down a dare, meet me outside my house in five" I said putting on a jacket.
"Never in a million years would I think spencer would sneak out" Toby said with a chuckle then ended the call.

Toby's POV
I got on my motorcycle and road down the street since she lived just off my road. The Hastings house was at the end of my road then down and dirt path prove road. I road down the street then pressed in the numbers to open the gate to her road. It was just her house and the dilaurentis' house and someone else's house down that road. I waited outside the double gate that leads to her drive way and texted her saying I was outside. Suddenly the gates began open and I rode it. The driveway was lit up with rocks with golden lights in the middle of the rock and I saw her waiting on her porch in a cardigan and her pyjamas with her unicorn slippers.
"Hey" I whispered sitting next to her.
"Hi... so why did you wanna meet""
"Because I was bored" I got up and sat on my motorcycle and gestured her to come over.
"So that's it. You're just gonna say hi and leave?" She asked pulling an angry face.
"No, get on the back" I said holding out my helmet.
"No, no, no, no ,no"
"Come on I want to take you some where"
Spencer sighed and walked over and took the helmet and put it on. She climbed onto the back and held me really tight.
"Dont go fast please" she said.
I sped off to my favourite place in rosewood. When we got there I led her to a rock and sat down with her.
"This is a pretty amazing view" spencer said resting her head on my shoulder.
"Yeah amazing view, beautiful girl. I have everything" I said which made her blush.
She began to shiver and I put my leather jacket around her.
"Thanks" spencer said moving closer to me.
I leaned in and kissed her. It was very passionate and I slipped in a tongue while my hands wandered down her back. We slowly pulled away and I smiled at her.
"For a boy who kisses people a lot, you're not very good. Girls like it slow and romantic. You went quick and shoved it so down my throats it probably could've reached out my butt" she said with a chuckle.
"Is spencer Hastings seriously giving me kissing advice" I said astonished.
"Look, do what I say. Lean in slowly"
I leaned in a she held my head cupping my cheeks. "Slower" she demanded. As I reached her lips she picked up the side of my face.
"Just joking, I, not gonna teach you how to kiss" she laughed as I wiped her spit off my face.
"You asshole" I laughed back.
"I gotcha good"
We sat and talked for ages until we realised the sun was coming up.
I rode her home and walked her to her door.
"I had a really good night, thank you Toby"
"Me too" I replied and kissed her on the cheek. "Now get some sleep while you can, its getting really early and you will be to tired for prom."
"Dont remind me of prom, it's gonna be so lame"
"Okay I'll see you in a couple of hours"
"Yeah goodbye" spencer said as she opened her door and then closed it.
I walked back to her drive with a smile on my face. I wish I had asked her out tonight but I was too shy to. Oh well... I still had a lovely night!

Hey guys , sorry this wasn't the prom chapter. I didn't have enough time to right it or I would've taken forever to do an update so I thought I'd do a quick one so you dont forget about this. Comment what you think will happen at prom. And _Reegan32_ I'd tag you so here it is!