Chapter 26

"You joining me?" Toby called out to Spencer.

She thought for a minute before taking off her tank top and shorts going in the lagoon in her bikini. Spencer swam over to Toby and they stood under neath the waterfall cleaning themselves from the sand that was all over them. It took spencer a moment to realise that Toby was probably naked, she turned around not wanting to see anything.

"Has anyone ever told you how good you look in swimsuits?" Toby smirked.

Spencer nervously chuckled trying to hide her blush.

[...]

The island became dark signaling that it was night time. Spencer laid inside their shelter scared of what animals could come out and get them. Toby joined her in the shelter once he'd finished eating a banana and drinking some coconut milk.

"You alright?" Toby asked when he noticed that she was just staring of into nowhere.

"I'm fine" she lied, she was worried. What would her parents think of her not returning? Had anyone even noticed? Will they ever get saved?

Toby laid down next to her and have her his slightly damp shirt to keep her warm during the night.

"Good night spence" Toby said and pulled spencer closer to him. She gave a small smile and hugged him good night.

[...]

A couple hours later, spencer woke up. She thought she heard a noise. Well, she knew she heard a noise. She poked her head outside the shelter but didn't see anything unusual. She laid back down thinking it was her mind playing tricks on her. She closed her eyes to go back to sleep when she heard the same noise again. 

"Toby, wake up" spencer whispered as she nudged Toby.

He groaned and rolled over. Spencer crawled out their hut and looked around, from the corner of her eye she saw two deer. She'd never seen any in real life before. Curiously. She went over very slowly to them and they seemed to be quite sweet. She tried her best not to scare them off. Spencer stroked began to stroke them. It seemed as though they them mother and baby.

Spencer noticed that the baby had a cut on its paw. She led them back to the shelter where she ripped the sleeve off Toby's shirt and wrapped it around the deer's leg. After a while, I found myself talking to them. I knew that they couldn't talk back but at least that would mean that they couldn't judge me. I told them about the situation and how I'm scared that we're never get found.

Toby's POV
I woke up and spencer wasn't with me. I began to worry, what is she was attacked? or what if she has been taken?! If that had happened I wouldn't be able to live with my self let alone survive on an island by myself.

I got out and it was just starting to get light. I walked down the beach calling her name. After some metres of walking, I found her taking care of two deer. She was stroking them and cuddling them. Could I be anymore in love with her. I slowly approached her, careful not to scare the animals away.

"What you doing awake so early" I asked accidental making Spencer jump.

"I heard a noise and found these. But be careful though, the baby deer is injured and I had to use the sleeve of your shirt as a bandage" she told me.

"Aw. You really don't have a bad bone in your body" I smiled.

I found myself lost in her eyes once again. I couldn't hold myself back anymore. I just had to lean in and kiss her.

General POV
He kissed her and the world fell away. It was slow and soft, comforting in ways that words would never be. His hand rested below her ear, his thumb caressing her cheek as their breaths mingled. She ran her fingers down his spine, pulling him closer until there was no space left between them and she could feel the beating of his heart against her chest.

"Wow" Toby whispered.

"Wow indeed" she answered.

The deers went back to into the jungle and spencer and Toby walked back to their shelter.

"So what are we?" Toby asked. He sat in the shelter and

"I dont know" she shrugged shyly.

He gently took her hand in his, she looked up and gave a small smile. They both new this would be a whole new adventure...