Chapter 47

Her routine seemed to be the longest 2 minutes and 30 seconds of her life. The room was silent apart from the music in the background which she could barely hear. Her heart was beating too loud to hear it.

She didn't usually get this nervous. Just a couple of butterflies in her stomach that went away when she done her thing. Her routine would normally just flow away like all her worries and doubts. But this was different. Her future literally depended on it. If she wanted this scholarship, then this was her one and only chance to show that she was good enough and advanced enough to be took into this academy.

As she flipped and danced around the hall, her confidence began to grow. However she didn't let it get the best of her because she knew from experience to not get cocky.

She began to hear cheers when she'd land an advanced move in the correct way and have flawless transitions. From the corner of her eye she spotted her dear boyfriend cheering her on.

Her routine ended and there was a round of applause. Her cheeks were rosy from being worn out and blushing at the attention. She then walked over to Toby and took a seat next to him. She rested her head on his shoulder.

"You did amazing" he told her planting a kiss on her head.

"Thank you" she smiled looking over at the judges who were having a discussion.

"You've got this in the bag. You smashed it"

"I don't know. There were some really food ones"

"But yours was the best."

Soon after everyone was dismissed from the hall and Toby walked Spencer's to the changing rooms.

"I'll only be a second" she pecked his lips before disappearing into the changing rooms.

The girls were already in there and cheered when Spencer came in.

"That routine is why you're the captain of the team. You were fantastic." Aria praises her giving her best friend a hug.

"We're all going out to dinner as a reward for us. Coach is paying. Are you gonna come?" Emily asked.

"Umm I think I'll skip this one. Toby's waiting for me outside so I don't wanna blow him out"

"Calebs coming. Bring Toby with you. I think Jason's going as well" hanna said.

"I'll speak to Toby about it"

They finished getting changed back into their usual clothes and headed outside. Spencer pulled Toby aside.

"I really wanted to go back home with you and relax but the team is going out to dinner at the pizza restaurant. The one with the arcade and bowling and they want me to come. Can we go there together? Caleb and Jason are coming" she asked.

"Sure. I'll meet you there. I need to get changed and get some stuff" Toby said and kissed her goodbye.

-:-

When Toby got home, he threw his keys on the floor and punched the wall. He'd just had some life changing news and didn't know how to process it...

Hey guys. I'm back! What do you thinks going on with Toby?