Chapter 5: We don't keep secrets

"Right just keep using that cream and this little guy's rash should be good as new in no time" Lily smiled as she walked down the corridor towards the reception desk.

"Thank you so much Lily, you're the best" the elderly woman smiled as she placed a kiss to the head of the little Chihuahua in her arms.

"No problem at all" Lily smiled as she softly patted the small dog, "if it doesn't clear up in two weeks just call and get booked back in okay?"

"Of course thank you"

"Not a problem, goodbye sweet boy" she beamed as she bent down slightly to give the dog a little kiss before she waved off the lady. As she watched her leave she caught sight of her favourite patient in the waiting room.

"There's my boy" she beamed as she bent down beside the reception desk and held her arms out which Dodger came running in to, attacking her face with kisses.

Chris watched the two interact feeling as though his heart was gonna just beat right out of his chest. He always wondered how Lily could always look so beautiful, even in her bright yellow scrubs, ones she had picked out because they reminded her of Daisy, yellow was her favourite colour. She even had a little embroidered Daisy sewed on to them. Every time he was around Lily he wondered how the hell he managed to keep himself breathing, god the things that woman did to him.

"There's my other boy" she beamed as she stood to embrace her best friend, "how you doing Bear?"

"I'm good Bumble" he smiled as he took in her scent, she always smelt of lavender and honey.

"I'll grab Wolf and we'll head to the exam room" she smiled as she turned to open her office door and whistled, Wolf then coming running out. He ran straight to Dodger the pair giving each other a sniff. Lily had gotten Wolf from the same shelter Chris had got Dodger, the two being best buds ever since. Having Wolf in the room always put Dodger more at ease when he had his check-ups.

"Right see you guys after" Lily smiled at Amber and Jess who were both behind the desk.

"See you after, bye Chris" Amber smiled shyly.

"Bye Amber" Chris smiled politely as he followed Lily down the corridor, leaving Amber blushing.

"She has a crush on you" Lily smirked as she walked in to the exam room, Chris following behind.

"Don't be silly" Chris brushed it off, really not wanting to talk about it.

"Oh come on, how can you not see that" Lily rolled her eyes as she walked to the exam table, clicking the button that lowered it to the ground.

"Just quit it Bumble" Chris chuckled, even though he didn't find this remotely funny.

"You should ask her out" Lily suggested as she helped Dodger on to the table before clicking the button to raise it up.

"I don't think so" Chris shook his head as he stroked Dodger reassuringly to keep him calm, even though he always behaved well for Lily.

"Give me one good reason why not"

Because I'm in love with you.

Chris thought as Lily just stared at him waiting for an answer, oblivious to the real reason.

"Come on Evans are you scared or something?" Lily mocked, "Worried about not being a good kisser" she smirked knowingly and Chris knew just what she was referring too.

*Flashback*

Lily frowned as she once again looked over her appearance in the mirror for the hundredth time.

"Come on Bumble you look great" Chris smiled from where he was sprawled out on Lily's bed. "Noah is gonna think so too"

"But what if he doesn't?" Lily asked as she threw herself down on her back on the bed beside Chris. He adjusted himself so he was laying the same way as her, both staring up at the ceiling.

Lily had been asked out on a date by one of the boys in Chris's grade and to her surprise Chris and Ash had both deemed him suitable for her to go out with. Sometimes they could both be a real pain in her arse.

But now she was freaking out as she had never been on a date before and she had no idea what to do or what to say, but she was scared to tell Chris. He goes on dates all the time with lots of different girls.

"What's the real reason you're freaking out?" Chris asked turning his head slightly to face her, as if he could read her mind, which he liked to think he could. "Come on Bumble, we don't keep secrets" he smiled as he nudged her slightly with his elbow.