Chpater 8: Power move

Almost an hour had passed since Lily and Jack arrived and as they all sat round the coffee table in the living room, everyone could see the annoyed look on Jack's face. Several times he had tugged on her hand or nudged her side, signalling he wanted to go, but Lily was engrossed in a conversation with Scott and hadn't noticed.

Chris had though, ever since they all sat down he had been staring daggers at Jack. No one had really noticed though, well no one except Amber. Chris had barely paid her any attention since Lily and Jack got there and it left her feeling extremely confused.

"I think it's time to go" Jack spoke directly to Lily interrupting her conversation with Scott, clearly he had enough of trying to be subtle.

"Oh okay" Lily smiled shyly.

"What's the rush Jack?" Chris asked coldly from the opposite side of the couch, "You not enjoying the party?"

"I just think it's time for me and my girlfriend to leave" Jack replied, emphasising the word my.

"Maybe Bumble doesn't want to leave yet"

"Her name is Lily, don't you think nicknames are a little childish, I mean how old are you?"

Lily's mouth hung open at Jacks words as she turned to face him, "Jack please don't" she whispered quietly as Jack stood, not taking his eyes off Chris.

Everyone on the couch watched as Chris stood and moved to stand directly in front of Jack. Chris had a good few inches on him so he was towering over his slightly smaller frame.

"You know Jack I'm a little sick of you and your opinions that I didn't ask for" Chris growled as he puffed his chest out. He then felt a hand press against him, trying to get him to move back. He looked down to see Lily's smaller hand pushing against his chest, the other pushing against Jack's.

"Please don't do this you two, just fucking leave it" Lily begged as she looked between two of the most important men in her life.

"She's right, Chris just leave it" Scott added as he stood beside his brother.

Chris backed down slowly after he saw the sadness in Lily's eyes, unlike Jack he couldn't bare to be the cause of Lily's hurt. He watched as Jack tightly wrapped his arm around Lily's shoulder, clearly it was a power move, telling Chris Lily was his.

"I think we best go" Lily smiled sadly at everyone sat on the couch, "I'll see everyone later" she took one last look at Chris, tears brimming her eyes before she grabbed her coat and she and Jack left.

"FUCK" Chris shouted after they left the room. He shook his head as he stormed through the house to the patio doors. As he got outside he kicked several pieces of patio furniture across the garden, still swearing to himself. He paced the garden with his head in his hands, wondering how the fuck he was gonna be able to save Lily from that fucking bastard. He was so caught up in his thoughts he didn't even notice someone had joined him outside.

"Are you okay?"

He turned around to see Amber stood there. Oh god Amber. He had been so caught up in Jack and Lily he had forgotten all about Amber being there. Now he felt even fucking worse.

"Oh god Amber I'm so sorry I..."

"Chris its okay" she put her hand up to stop him, "are you okay?"

"I'm fine, I'm sorry you had to see that"

"Like I said it's okay" she replied as she watched him slump into one of the patio chairs he hadn't kicked across the garden. Amber moved to sit beside him as she watched him hang his head low and rest it in his hands.