Chapter 38: It's Christmas

Chris blinked quickly as he tried to adjust to the light pouring in through the crack in the curtains. He groaned groggily as he felt the bed rocking back and forth and he rolled over to face Lily's side and instead of seeing her lying beside him, all he saw was her feet as she bounced up and down on the mattress.

"IT'S CHRISTMAS" she screamed at the top of her voice as she let out those soft little melodic giggles that Chris just loved.

"Jesus woman what are you doing to me" he chuckled as reached for her ankles and pulled which brought her crashing down on top of him.

Lily squealed as Chris wrapped her up in his arms and softly tickled her sides. Chris smiled widely as she laughed loudly and squirmed in his hold and they were quickly joined by two sloppy tongues attacking them with kisses.

"Aright boys calm down" Lily giggled as Chris finally seized his tickling, "and I mean all three of you"

"Oh do you now?" Chris smirked as he pulled Lily flush against his bare chest, "Merry Christmas Bumble"

"Merry Christmas Bear" Lily smiled as she leant in to capture Chris's lips with her own.

"How about we have some pancakes and then do presents?" Chris asked as he pulled away from the kiss, softly stroking Lily's hair back behind her ears.

"That sounds good Bear" she smile brightly, "but there is one thing I want to give you now" she giggled as she reached over to her night stand grabbing a large envelope.

"What's this?" he asked as she handed it over to him.

"Just open it and see" Lily beamed as she sat up in bed beside him and Chris couldn't help how his gaze lingered on her sat beside him in nothing but one of his Patriots jerseys, he would never get over how truly beautiful she was.

He forced his attention back to the envelope in front of him, quickly opening it and pulling out the large piece of card inside. He opened it up and instantly realised what it was, it was a homemade sign that said Bear in bright blue bubble letters.

"It's the one I made to take with me to pick you up the last time you went out of town, you know after the incident at Halloween" Lily sighed as she hung her head slightly, "I was just going to save it for the next time I picked you up but when I saw your Lily box, I knew it had to go in to the collection and I could make a new one next time and it would be tied to a different memory"

"Oh Bumble" Chris smiled softly as a tear slipped down his cheek, "you truly are the sweetest person I've ever met, thank you so much baby" he reached out to pull Lily in to him, hugging her close to him as she wrapped her arms around his torso.

"I love you so much Chris" Lily smiled as she rested her head on his chest and looked up at him.

"And I love you more Lily"

"Oh I don't think that's possible" Lily giggled as she peppered kisses along his jaw.

"Oh believe me baby it is"

~~~~~

An hour or so later after they had stuffed their face with pancakes, they were both sat beside the tree in the living room ready to exchange gifts. It really was shaping up to be the perfect Christmas, especially because the snow had made an appearance, which Lily was absolutely ecstatic about. They had decided to give their gifts to each other when it was just the two of them and then in a few hours they'd head to Cora and Mark's and meet everyone there for presents and dinner.

They gave each other a few little presents each first, mostly just little bits that made them think of the other, Lily had gotten Chris some nice shirts as well as a new Patriots hoodie, a few new hats and a canvas picture of the two of them tucked in bed with Dodger and Wolf and Chris insisted he'd be hanging it up straight away right above their bed.

Chris got Lily some karaoke cd's for the machine he'd gotten her for her birthday, plenty of candles and wax melts, a voucher for a spa day and some books he knew she was dying to read, along with several of his own hoodies he knew she had her eye on that he wrapped up as a gag gift, even though he thought they looked way better on her anyway.

They both decided to save their main presents for each other for last. Chris went first and handed a small gift bag over to Lily. She looked inside and found a small box wrapped in tissue paper.

"So before you open it I have a little card to go with it" he smiled as he handed over the small envelope.

Lily smiled brightly as she took it from him and opened it, pulling out the card. She felt her breath catch in her throat as she looked down and saw some of her favourite words ever put together written on the card in his hand writing.

"I want to wear his initial on a chain round my neck, not because he owns me but cause he really knows me"

Lily could wait any longer as she quickly realised what was in the box and she wasted no time in ripping the tissue paper and opening the box. Sitting there was just what she thought, a Tiffany silver pendant necklace with a C engraved in to it.

"So obviously I know Taylor Swift is your favourite artist and Reputation is your favourite album and Call It What You Want is your favourite song on that album and I remember you saying that all swifties would love this gift, so I looked it up and I found the right one" Chris explained as he watched Lily run her finger over the pendant.

"Chris I can't believe you remembered all of that" Lily whispered in disbelief as she just stared down at the beautiful necklace.

"Of course I did" he beamed as he reached out for the necklace, "let's get it on you then"

Lily squealed slightly as Chris took the necklace from the box and moved to sit behind her so he could fasten it on to her neck. After he'd done the clasp Lily held the pendant between her fingers, smiling widely as she felt Chris move her hair to the side and kiss the back of her neck, right where the small outline of a daisy sat that she had gotten tattooed when she was eighteen.

"Chris I can't believe this" Lily beamed as she turned to face him, placing herself in his lap and wrapping her arms around his neck before kissing him passionately.

"So I'm guessing you like it?" Chris smirked against her lips.

"I fucking love it" she mumbled back, "but do you have to be so good at gift giving when I suck, I mean first the karaoke machine and now this, I feel bad that all I got you was a trip to Iceland"

"You got me a trip to Iceland?" Chris asked as his eyes lit up.

"Oh for fuck sake now I've ruined it" Lily sighed as she hid her face in Chris's shoulder, feeling his body vibrate as he chuckled, "it's not funny, I had a whole thing planned"

"Okay Bumble I'm sorry, but I'm really fucking excited about that trip, you know how much I've always wanted to go there and to go with you, well that's just perfection"

"I'm glad you like it Bear" Lily smiled as she pulled her face from his shoulder, "but could you just open my present and pretend I didn't just spoil it, I worked hard on the itinerary"

Chris threw his head back in laughter, his right hand coming up to cup his left pec. Lily hit him playfully as she told him to stop laughing at her.

"Okay baby I'm sorry, yes I can do that, anything for you."

~~~~~

A/N: So I'm sorry if this chapters really cheesy, I wanted to get some fluff in before we get to the angst and drama that will be coming in a few chapters! Also this one is for the swifties, I am a huge Swiftie lol. Please vote and comment, love you all!

A xx