Vol. 1 Chp. 2: Club Fair

'': Writing

Kagurazaka's POV

I recently visited Keyaki Mall and decided to grab a coffee from a nearby cafe. Upon arrival, I noticed a group of girls and a couple of guys chatting away. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee was a pleasant surprise. The atmosphere was buzzing with energy, and I couldn't help but order a drink. The barista looked at me curiously when they saw my notebook, but they still wrote down my order without any issues.

After getting my drink, I went to an empty table and sat. I took my first and enjoyed the savory drink.

"You look like you could use some company," I heard a feminine voice say.

Looking up from my drink was a beautiful girl with strawberry-blonde hair and a cute smile.

I silently stared at the girl, and she started getting nervous.

"Umm..."

I should reply to her. Pulling out my notepad, I wrote something.

'Sorry, I wasn't expecting anyone to approach me.'

Her eyes widened before giving me a curious look, "I'm sorry if this is rude, but... are you mute?"

I nodded.

"Oh..." She trailed off before she adopted a smile, "My name is Ichinose Honami of Class B! It's nice to meet you!"

'Kagurazaka Norogumi of Class D.'

"It's nice to meet you, Kagurazaka-kun," Ichinose's smile seemed brighter.

I nodded before starting to savor my drink again. Ichinose took a seat, "So, why are you sitting by yourself?"

I shrugged.

I'm feeling a bit nervous about not having any friends yet. It's my first day attending this school, so I know it takes time to make connections. However, I didn't stay for the class introductions, so I'm worried I didn't make a good first impression. Hopefully, I'll have another opportunity to introduce myself and get to know my classmates.

"Kagurazaka-kun?" She looked slightly worried.

'Sorry... I was lost in thought, and I'm not much of a social butterfly.'

"That's alright," the smile returned to her face, "I'll be your first friend!"

How did she know...? It's better not to question it.

I nodded.

I took another sip and realized I had drunk it all.

I rose to my feet, "Are you leaving?" Ichinose asked, looking upset.

I nodded.

"Before you go, let's exchange contact information," she said.

After exchanging numbers with Ichinose, I left the café.

Was she upset because I ended the conversation early, or did she want to talk to me? I think I'll never get my answer.

I was hit realization, stopping in my tracks. I got a girl's number...

Next day

Ayanokouji's POV

The students discussed school policies and rules during the second day of school, technically the first day of classes. Many students were pleasantly surprised by the kindness and friendliness of their teachers. Sudou, who had caused a disturbance the previous day, was left alone as he slept soundly through class. Although the teachers noticed him sleeping, they didn't interrupt or wake him up.