Vol. 10 Chp. 4: Accusing Another

'...': Writing
'...': Sign language
"...": Text to speech

It was the day of the exam. We didn't have any classes except for the exam in the morning. I left my room and made my way toward the elevator.

~Timeskip~

Arriving at the classroom, the atmosphere felt strange and dreary, reminiscent of when the group was created to expel Ayanokouji. I made my way to my desk and sat down.

"L-Listen up, everyone!" Someone raised his voice in the classroom. The voice sounded stressed while being confident.

"I would want to clarify something," he caught the attention of everyone, but before he could continue.

"Hahaha, that's useless, Traitor-boy! Enjoy your time remaining here..."

"Traitor?! Traitor?! Hahaha!" Yamauchi laughed.

Horikita's POV

"After our conversation yesterday, we clarified everything," I stood, "The person we should vote for is clear... the traitor is Yamauchi-kun!"

"Stop all of this!" A third party joined, standing up.

"All this fighting is useless..." Hirata said.

He was in a terrible state, and it seemed like he hadn't slept.

"I'm volunteering! So..."

"Stop this, Hirata-kun!" I rejected.

"You don't need to sacrifice yourself while a traitor worked with Class A to expel Ayanokouji-kun!"

"Traitor? No, Horikita... I'm not the traitor of this class!" Yamauchi said.

A lot of people seemed surprised by this... I also noticed a few people who weren't surprised by his words.

What's going on?

"We confirmed yesterday that you were," Horikita said.

"What a desperate attempt it was, Traitor-boy!"

"Shut up, Kouenji!" Yamauchi raised his voice for the first time, but I could imagine all this amused Kouenji.

"There is another traitor, Horikita! Are you protecting him by accusing me of being the traitor?"

"Huh? What nonsense are you saying? Ayanokouji didn't do anything!" Horikita argued.

"No... I'm not talking about Ayanokouji..." He extends his left and starts pointing at someone with his finger, "The real traitor of our class is Kagurazaka!"

Yamauchi's words echoed in my head. Why would he even consider him as a traitor?

"Kagurazaka-kun... a traitor?" Hirata muttered.

His words seemed to have puzzled a few of them, but my genuine concern was about a few students, such as Hondou, who had already been looking at Kagurazaka for a moment.

"W-Wait!" Someone stood up from her seat.

"W-Why are you blaming an innocent person?!" I was shocked to see Sakura coming to Kagurazaka's defense.

"What's with that look you're giving me?" Yamauchi taunted Kagurazaka, "Are you mad that I found out the truth and became the savior of this class that you would have betrayed in the future?"

"Yamauchi, I hope you realize what you are trying to do here... accusing someone without proof just to protect yourself," I said.

"Fine, I will show you proof. You wanted to vote for me because I was friends with Sakayanagi-chan... What if I told you he has secretly worked with Class A!"