Vol. 4 Chp. 4: Planning And Threatening

'...': Writing
'...': Sign language
"...": Text to speech

Katsuragi's POV

Yahiko insisted on going with me, but I denied his offer. I appreciate it, but the message told me to come alone.

I arrived at the designated place and spotted Kagurazaka-kun, "So, you wanted to talk?"

He nodded, 'Do you know sign language?'

"I do."

'Alright...' He must be getting his thoughts in order.

'I have a feeling Ryuuen-san will target your class.'

"I'm surprised you're concerned about my class. Shouldn't you worry about your class?" I asked.

So, he wants to negotiate with me. I'll hear him out for now.

'I understand you want to play on the defense, but I don't think it will hold up. Ryuuen-san might have a way to know who your VIPs are.'

I crossed my arms, leaning back in my seat, "What makes you so sure?"

'Just like your class has a civil war going on. We also have a problem.'

So, his class has problems, too, huh? I'm curious about it. However, I'll refrain from asking.

"I don't want to be rude, but can you get to the point?" I asked.

He nodded, 'I'm willing to give you the VIPs of Class C.'

"You offered this deal by using your VIPs. It sounds too good to be true. What's the real meaning behind it?"

'Even though Sakayanagi-san isn't here, she has followers on the cruise ship. She could have someone guess the wrong VIP with a simple order.'

Yes, I considered this. Even though I told them to stay silent, there was no stopping them from messaging their leader.

'You can't play on the defensive and need to attack.'

If Ryuuen could know the VIPs of my class, we could suffer from losing class points. On top of that, I have to consider Sakayanagi and her followers.

"This deal still sounds too good to be true."

He tapped a finger on the table before it seemed something came to his mind.

'Here's another deal: I'm willing to tell you how the exam works if you don't attack Class B and D. You'll have to accept the first deal.'

He's willing to give free information and Class C's VIPs, huh?

No, this deal helps both of us in some way, but there's something that bothers me.

"I heard one of your classmates already finished the Monkey group," I said.

Frustratedly, he rubbed his forehead before looking at me, 'He's a free-spirit. He's going to do what he wants.'

He pulled out a sheet of paper and passed it over to me.

Reading through the contract it benefits me more than it does for him.

A sigh escaped my lips, "You should understand my worries."

He nodded.

"I want you to add that Class B and D won't attack in the contract."

'I will.'

"I'll sign the contract."

'Okay.'

"I need to ask, though. Who put you up to this?" I asked.