Vol. 9 Chp. 2: No Changing Intentions

'...': Writing
'...': Sign language
"...": Text to speech

We assembled in a cafe, except for Akito, who was headed off to his club. Hasabe started the conversation.

"So, what do you think is the truth behind that little farce between Yamauchi-kun and Sakayanagi-san earlier?"

"Can we call it a farce though?" Keisei asked.

"That's- I mean, right, Airi?"

"I... I think that was, umm, that..." Airi timidly said while blushing.

"Ehh? But I mean, wasn't that a bit sly?"

"Yeah, her gestures looked that way, but... like Keisei-kun said, maybe she's trying to investigate Class C so she can do something bad."

"What's that thing where you make someone think that."

"Kiyopon, Gumi-bear, and Yukimu~, what do you think? Do you think romance is a possibility?" Hasabe asked.

"I'm not very well-versed in that area. Please don't ask me that so many times," Keisei didn't want to talk about romance anymore.

Inevitably enough, Hasabe and Airi turned to Ayanokouji.

"Yamauchi and Sakayanagi haven't interacted until now; it's too abrupt. Isn't it too much to call it romance?"

"That's a rational opinion, Kiyopon. Romance does require a foundation, but it'd be a different case for someone like Hirata-kun. Of course, the same doesn't hold for Yamauchi-kun."

Air and Hasabe turned to me.

I shrugged.

Eventually, the topic changed from Yamauchi and Sakayanagi's romance to the situation in Class C.

"Ahh, speaking of Hirata-kun... He broke up with Karuizawa-san, right?"

"I'm not surprised, or maybe I should say I always thought they'd break up one day."

"Ehh, r-really?"

"You might call it appropriate for the boys' and girls' leaders to be a couple, but they don't go well together, do they? How should I put it? Hirata-kun seems like he'd appreciate a quiet, beautiful girl more."

"Karuizawa-san is also cute... Don't you think so, Kiyotaka-kun?" Airi asked Ayanokouji.

"I'm not sure. I've never really paid attention to Karuizawa, after all."

Why do I have a hard time believing that?

"Well, I suppose that's true~ Anyways, Karuizawa-san aside, the problem is that Hirata-kun is now free," Hasabe deliberately changed the topic back to Hirata.

"Quite a lot of girls in our class like Hirata-kun. I wonder what's going to happen."

"Really?"

"Ehh- You didn't notice? For example, Mii-chan likes him."

"Ahh... Now that you mention it, she looks over at Hirata-kun from time to time."

"Right, right?"

Keisei took out his notebook, perhaps because he'd grown tired of the romance talk, "I'll study."

"Ahh, it's almost our end-of-year exam... I just remembered something depressing."

"I need to come up with something for Haruka and the others to use," Hasabe lowered her head.

Chabashira did not provide any specific explanation about the end-of-year examination. Therefore, it can be assumed that it will be a written exam as usual. If a student fails the examination, they will be immediately expelled. This will likely be the case.