Vol. 4 Chp. 2: Cruise Ship Special Exam

'...': Writing
'...': Sign language
"...": Text to speech

I texted the people in my contacts about what group they were part of.

Cow - Sakura

Rooster - Minamikita, Himeno

Pig - Onodera

Rabbit - Ichinose

Monkey - Koenji

Sheep - Mori

Dog - Ichihashi

I need more guy contacts on my phone...

Anyway, I think I have a better understanding of the particular exam. I needed to confirm it with someone and know the perfect person.

~Timeskip~

"Kagurazaka-kun, do you need something?" Mii-chan asked.

'I'm a bit curious about the Chinese Zodiacs. Can you tell me about them?'

I watch as Mii-chan's eyes sparkle bright, "Of course!"

~Timeskip~

I avoided the buffet popular with students for breakfast and went to the "Blue Ocean" cafe on the ship's deck. I chose a shaded table and called for the waitress. It's currently 7:45 AM.

Ten minutes went by before Ayanokouji arrived and sat down at the table.

One minute just before the designated meeting time, the person I was waiting for appeared before me with an empty expression, "You're here early," it was Horikita.

"I was waiting for an hour," Ayanokouji complained to her, trying to make a joke, but I don't think Horikita cared.

"I don't care since I arrived by the designated time; even if you waited 10 hours in advance for me, I couldn't care less," Horikita responded.

"So? Did the students called by the school form a group?" Ayanokouji asks her.

"Yes. Just as you said, 12 groups with four possible outcomes and the "target" being announced to us today by mail at 8:00 in the morning. If there are any small differences, I suppose you could chalk it up to the difference in teachers," she told him.

'Who's in your group, Ayanokouji-kun?'

Ayanokouji pulled out a slip of paper and showed it to us. The name of his group is Rabbit, so he's with Ichinose.

Class A: Machida Kouji, Takemoto Shigeru, Morishige Takurou

Class B: Ichinose Honami, Hamaguchi Tetsuya, Beppu Ryouta

Class C: Ibuki Mio, Manabe Shiho, Yabu Nanami, Yamashita Saki

Class D: Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, Karuizawa Kei, Sotomaru Hideo, Yukimura Teruhika

His group is going to have a rough time. Mixing Manabe and Karuizawa is going to be a disaster. I don't think Manabe is going to hold her back against her after what she did to Morofuji.

'Your group is a disaster waiting to happen.'

"Why?" Ayanokouji asked.

'Manabe-san and Karuizawa-san. An incident happened, and I think Manabe-san will approach Karuizawa-san for what she did.'

"How do you know this?" Horikita asked with a serious expression.

Why does it feel like I'm getting interrogated?

'I was there.'

Horikita didn't take her eyes off me before turning her attention to Ayanokouji, "Since you shared your group members, I'll do the same."