Vol. 6 Chp. 2: Paper Shuffle

'...': Writing
'...': Sign language
"...": Text to speech

Sakayanagi's POV

What a predicament I found myself in. They still looked at me with shocked expressions as I sat on Kagurazaka's bed.

I glance at the nightstand only to see a necklace with a crow.

Auntie Yuuko... Her favorite animal was a crow.

"Are... you his childhood friend?" Mori asked.

"Of course," a slight smile appeared on my face.

Kagurazaka sat up as the blanket covered him. He grabbed a notebook and started writing in it.

'I don't know what she's talking about.'

Even when he wrote it down, it still hurts that he doesn't remember me.

"Kagurazaka-kun, I know about you having amnesia," I said.

Kagurazaka's lifeless eyes widened.

"Hold on a minute!" Ichihashi exclaimed, "Kagu-kun has amnesia?!"

"I don't want to discuss it, but he was in an accident."

"You poor thing," Ichihashi climbed onto Kagurazaka's bed and hugged him.

"I don't think your aunt would be happy seeing you like this," I changed topics, "You know she cares about you deeply, seeing you as her child."

'She couldn't have any kids,' Kagurazaka thought, trembling in Ichihashi's arms.

'So, it was his aunt that passed away,' Mori thought, looking at Kagurazaka with a remorseful expression.

I slowly stood up, "Since Kagurazaka-kun has people to take care of him, I'll leave."

I'm no help in this situation... I don't know how to comfort someone dealing with loss.

~Timeskip~

3rd POV

???

Kagurazaka opened his eyes, finding himself before his home. A sense of nostalgia and dread hits him at once. He hesitated to open the door before stepping inside and wandering the halls.

He walked into the kitchen and saw two women making small talk. They both turned to him.

The woman choked up a sob, "Is that my baby? Look how much you've grown up," she got up from her seat and hugged the young man.

'This is my mother...' His eyes traveled to the other woman.

"Noro, what are you doing? You should be awake and enjoying your school life," Yuuko said.

Tears started forming in the young man's eyes as he tried to comprehend what was happening.

'No...! This isn't real!' He pushed his mother away.

"My baby boy doesn't want to hug his mother," Kunie started crying dramatically.

Yuuko sighed, "You know he doesn't remember you."

A sad smile appeared on Kinue's face, "Yes, but I still want to catch up with my child even if he doesn't remember me."

Kagurazaka broke out into a coughing fit, causing Yuuko to frown. She got up and made her way over to him.

"Are you not taking care of yourself?" Yuuko asked.

His aunt reached out to him, but he slapped her hand away, staring wide-eyed, 'This isn't real... None of this is real!'