Vol. 9 Chp. 4: Allegations

'...': Writing
'...': Sign language
"...": Text to speech

I entered the classroom and immediately felt the tense atmosphere, as if rumors were swirling around me. Shinohara didn't appear to be in a great mood.

"Oi! Were you a prostitute, Shinohara!?"

Unable to read the room's atmosphere, Yamauchi shouted such a thing with a smile.

"A-absolutely not!"

Shinohara stood up in a panic and adamantly denied it. Embarrassment and anger could be seen on her face.

"Well then, how about you show me the evidence."

"You're asking for evidence...? How am I supposed to give you something like that!?"

Meanwhile, the audience, captivated by the rumors, began spreading them amongst the incoming students just entering the classroom. Well, it was going to end up like that sooner or later.

"If you're saying it's a lie, then are you saying everything that's been put online was also a lie? That we've all just been running our mouths?"

"Are you stupid!? You're getting swept away by rumors and don't even know where they came from!"

Shinohara had a reasonable cause for anger towards Yamauchi, and it was surprising that she remained calm.

"Though~ Don't you think everything posted online seems pretty realistic?"

"You... Knock it off, Haruki!"

In response to his friend's relentless hounding, Ike reached out and forcefully grabbed Yamauchi by the shoulder to signal that it was time to stop.

"Wh-what's wrong? This is my chance to get back at Shinohara for always acting so high and mighty."

"Getting back at her...? No matter what, those rumors have to be lies!"

"How are we supposed to know that? A relatively ugly chick like her could've done something like that."

Yamauchi continued to talk mindlessly, without concern for Ike's feelings.

"Oh, I see... Ike, you have a crush on Shinohara, don't you? So that's why you can't admit..."

"Haruki!"

Ike grabbed Yamauchi by the collar of his shirt.

"Cut it out, you guys."

Sudou couldn't bear to sit and watch any longer, so he forcefully separated the two individuals. At that moment, Hirata entered the classroom and immediately sensed the tension in the air. He walked over to some of the girls and listened to the details of the rumors being spread.

"Kagu-kun," Ichihashi whispered, "Are you dating someone?"

I turned to her and gave her a deadpan expression, 'Are you serious?'

Since Shinohara was denying everything, Yamauchi temporarily changed targets to someone else.

"Well then, Hondou, are you seriously only into fat chicks?"

Yamauchi turned his attack toward Hondou.

"N-no way! Not! Those rumors are downright lies! Right, Ayanokouji? You probably don't even like Karuizawa, right!?"

Naturally, Hondou denied everything. He then turned to Ayanokouji for help with escaping the spotlight. Everyone's attention turned to him immediately. He responded to him with a nod.

"See!?"

He shouted out as he turned his attention back to Yamauchi.

"Dammit. What the hell? Are they all lies?"