Vol. 3 Chp. 2: Island Exam

'...': Writing
'...': Sign language

Class D wasn't going well, as the girls were fighting about buying a toilet with the boys.

"I can't do this! I definitely can't!" Shinohara complained.

"Come on and deal with it," Ike said, "This isn't the time to fight."

"Stop messing around. It doesn't matter to guys. I'm not going to do it in a corrugated box."

"It's up to you. I don't have anything to say. But it's not approved to relieve yourselves in the forest, as well as in the sea or the river. Don't forget that," With only this warning; the Chabashira-sensei continued talking indifferently.

"But, a corrugated box! Besides, guys will also be close by, right? Disgusting!"

I didn't want to listen to them arguing over a toilet. I moved away from them.

I heard footsteps as someone walked over to me. I looked to see Onodera sitting down beside me, letting out a sigh.

"It hasn't even been a minute, and they are already arguing," Onodera complained.

I didn't have my notebook, and I don't think the rest of my classmates knew sign language except Horikita, Koenji, and Ayanokouji.

I could only sit there in silence.

"So, what are you planning on doing? I want to go swimming in the ocean!" Onodera said, looking longingly at the ocean.

Onodera turned to me as I looked back at her, "Ah, that's right... You don't have your notebook," a sheepish smile appeared on Onodera's face.

I nodded.

We both sit there silently, trying to ignore our classmates' arguing.

Exam Class Points - 300-20=280

~Timeskip~

I didn't volunteer to venture into the forest with the others, but I wasn't the only one who didn't volunteer.

"Kagurazaka-kun, what do you think about this exam?" Horikita asked, sitting down beside me.

I looked at her face and noticed the severe expression, but she looked pale.

'I want to drop out.'

"Please answer seriously, or I'll kick you," Horikita said deadpan.

'I am being serious, though. Our class is going to be a disaster in this exam.'

"I would have to agree with you. They weren't even a minute into the exam and arguing about a toilet," Horikita said.

"I consider you a good candidate for leader," Horikita told me.

I didn't know how to respond, and I didn't think she was joking.

~Timeskip~

"It is a river!! A river!! What a beautiful feeling it is! It looks like there is equipment! It seems that we will be able to possess a mechanism exclusively! It is only a ten-minute walk, so let's go together simultaneously."

Ike's team had left earlier for a search mission. They may have found that spot already. And it seemed that they were guarding it so that other classes won't snatch it away.

With the presence of a clear river along with the shades that block the sunlight and level terrain. It seemed to be our ideal base location.

"To claim the spot possession, we must update it every 8 hours and have a leader. But who will be our leader?" Hirata asked the question.