Vol. 6 Chp. 8: Exam Time

'...' Writing
'...' Sign language
"...": Text to speech

Although many students became depressed from the days of repeated studying, time still passed by.

Winter arrived, and the final exam was less than three days away. The school would close for the weekend, leaving the exam to be held on Monday.

The challenge of the exam itself wasn't too much of a worry. As far as Class D is concerned, Ichihashi informed me about the study group results, telling me that they were excellent. 

The problem lies elsewhere, and it involves Ryuuen and Kushida.

Ryuuen aims to beat Class D's overall score and smoke out the existence hiding behind Horikita. I don't know what they plan on doing, but the proper methods would be for Class C to study vigorously or come up with tricky questions.

Kushida is aiming to expel Horikita and Ayanokouji. I don't know how she's doing that, but it involves a deal.

"Thinking about something?"

I stood at the top of the stairs while Ayanokouji and Horikita looked up at me from the base. I shook my head, making my way down.

Horikita held a large brown envelope stuffed with the questions she had created with Hirata and the others over the last month. These questions held the fate of Class D. 

However, Horikita considered this information confidential and didn't let me in on the questions. As Horikita compiled the questions, she was the only one who knew all of them.

I still don't know why they invited me along with them.

"What are the odds?" Ayanokouji asked.

"Hard to say. I hope you're not expecting too much. After all, the school has also been making big adjustments to the questions. However, there's no doubt that we've finished the most difficult part of the exam that we've been given so far," Horikita portrayed a certain level of confidence. Should I consider it to be solidly completed?

"Kagurazaka-kun, have you been studying?" Horikita asked.

She was looking at me with a piercing gaze.

'Yes, Rino-san and I studied.'

She continued to stare before giving a satisfied nod.

We encountered another student in the corridor to the staff room.

"Yo, Suzune."

Ryuuen was there with a fearless smile, holding the same brown envelope as Horikita.

"Is this a coincidence or an ambush?"

"It's inevitable. I've been waiting for you to come."

So, it was an ambush.

"An ambush, then," Horikita sighed disgustingly and walked past Ryuuen.

"Hold up, you're also submitting your questions at the last minute, right? Let's go together," Ryuuen spoke, displaying his envelope in front of Horikita.

"Since I don't know who will take a peep, I understand you'll also be cautious."

"You're worrying about someone in your class? Are you feeling okay?"

"Kuku. No idiot would try to betray me."

"And despite that, you've waited until the last moment to submit your questions as I have," Horikita used an aggressive approach to return provocation for provocation. 

Ryuuen must have been finding this incredibly enjoyable.

We walked on, and he proceeded to follow after us.