Vol. 9 Chp. 1: Rumors

'...': Writing
'...': Sign language
"...": Text to speech

Sakayanagi's POV

I was in the student council room in early February, after the training camp ended and I returned to school.

"The student council room has become rather flashy. It's completely different from how it used to be," I said while looking around the room.

This room shows Nagumo's personality and his current power in this school.

"Did Horikita-senpai recommend you for the student council, by any chance?" Nagumo asked, ignoring my statement.

"Unfortunately, I'm not fit for that role, so I was not invited to do so."

"He just doesn't have a good eye for that stuff."

"Then perhaps you mean to say you're different, new student council president?"

Nagumo laughed faintly, "Of course, I'd welcome you. But you'd have to be my personal property, though."

Property, huh?

I looked him straight in the eye while he was patting the stuffed rabbit on his desk.

"What will I do to acquire your approval seal?"

"By showing me an appropriate amount of talent. That's the only way. First, it's not too late to join the student council, you know? Come over to my side, Sakayanagi."

"I see... Let's not try the impossible. I think it would be a problem for there to be two leaders in one organization, and most importantly, the senior students may be humiliated."

"Two leaders, huh?"

I stated that I was equal to Nagumo, if not superior to him, despite only being a 1st year. I was curious about the reaction that I would get.

He didn't get angry but started laughing, "Both you and Ryuuen. We've got a lot of interesting 1st years this year, don't we?"

I think about his school year and how he managed to take control over his whole school year and even some of his third year.

It was different... I would never hesitate to make this man my enemy.

"I can't say that's a wise lifestyle choice," Nagumo said, knowing what I was thinking.

"Wise, huh? What about Norogumi-kun, who acted against you during the mixed training camp? Was it not wise?"

Nagumo chuckled, "That's different..."

I wanted him to continue, but Nagumo's phone, which had been placed on the desk until now, vibrated once. The vibrations continued a few times after that at short intervals.

"Is that fine?"

"I'm currently setting aside time for you. Don't worry about it."

"Popular people sure have it tough, don't they? Surely you always get calls like this without fail?"

"If you understand that, why don't we get down to business? If you don't wish to join the student council, what business do you have with me? I'm sorry, but another' 1st year' will visit me after this. They've already made an appointment with me, so I can't set aside much time for you."

"Is that so? Then I suppose I'd best get on with it."

He mentioned the person who wanted to meet after I was in my 1st year. He mentioned this to search for my reaction, but I remained with my usual attitude.

"I came here today to ask you for a favor. It's about a student council member, Ichinose Honami-san, from Class B of the 1st year. I will be launching an attack against her shortly. It may get somewhat stormy once that happens."