Vol. 3 Chp. 3: Misfortune

'...': Writing
'...': Sign language

3rd Day

"Hey, boys! Boys! Wake up! Wake up already!"

Their loud voices woke me up.

"What the hell?" I heard Sudou yell.

"What's going on?" I heard Hirata say.

"Hirata-kun. Awful news!" Shinohara yelled.

It only took a couple of minutes before all the male students had to get out of the tent.

"What could it be this early in the morning?" Hirata asked.

"It probably has nothing to do with you, Hirata-kun... but we must find out something. This morning... Karuizawa-san's underwear went missing. Karuizawa-san's in our tent, crying. Kushida-san and the others are comforting her, but..."

"W-Wait a minute! Why are you suspecting you? " Ike asked.

"Why do you think? One of you stole them overnight!" Shinohara explained.

"It was probably that Ibuki girl, not us!" Sudou suggested.

"A girl would never steal something like that!" Shinohara glared right at me, "It bet it was you! You're the only one who slept outside of the tent!"

'I didn't steal her underwear, but I'll allow you to check my bag.'

"Why is he throwing out gang signs?" Ike whispered.

"It's sign language," Horikita answered, "He said you can check his bag."

I pushed myself off the tree and made my way over to the tent. I grabbed my bag, but Shinohara ripped it out of my hands.

All that was left was my bag. I gave them my bag, and Shinohara immediately started searching.

"I knew it!" Shinohara reached into my bag and pulled out underwear that was balled up and hidden.

I shook my head, denying that I stole Karuizawa's panties.

I noticed Ibuki's shocked reaction to the underwear in my bag.

"What is this?! This proves that you're the culprit!" Shinohara yelled.

I've been framed!

I turned to Horikita, and she looked back at me, 'I need a translator.'

She nodded, and I signed to her.

"He says that if I were to steal Karuizawa-san's underwear, then why would I allow you to check my bag," Horikita translated.

"No, you're making excuses for yourself!" Shinohara argued.

"Okay, let's stop fighting," Hirata said, "For now, give the underwear to Karuizawa-san while I talk to Kagurazaka-kun."

The arguing had stopped, but the gossip began. I could hear the whispers all around us.

"He's the worst..."

"Pervert."

"You shouldn't trust the silent guy."

"Just die."

Even the guys were keeping their distance from me. I don't understand why I deserved to be framed for a crime I didn't commit.

I shook my head and signed. Horikita's eyes widened slightly before she composed herself.

"He doesn't want to talk to anyone because no matter what he says, no one will believe him."

"But..." Hirata started, but I shook my head.