Vol. 2 Chp. 4: Dealing With A Stalker

'...': Writing
'...': Sign language

Day of the trial

Ayanokouji's POV

"Sorry that we were late," Chabashira apologizes.

I briefly made eye contact with Manabu before his gaze fell onto Horikita, causing her to momentarily pause before continuing to walk forward.

"It's before the scheduled start time. There's no need for apologies," the male teacher says.

"Have you already met?" Chabashira asks.

I have never met this man before.

"This is Sakagami-sensei, the homeroom teacher for class C."

"We will now discuss the violent incident that occurred last week. As the student council secretary, Tachibana Akane, presides,"

"The student council president, coming in over a little brawl like this? Wonders never cease, I suppose," Chabashira says.

"Due to my busy schedule, there are some agendas that I will miss. As a rule, though, I do attend," Manabu explains.

"So, it's a coincidence?"

"Yes."

"I thought Kagurazaka-san would be here," Manabu says.

"Why are you asking about him?" Chabashira-sensei raised an eyebrow.

"I was wondering, is all."

"To both sides: I wish to ascertain which version of the events is the truth. Is that acceptable, President?" Tachibana says.

"Begin."

"Komiya, the other two insist you were called to the special annex by Sudo and then attacked by him, but Sudou denies this and insists that Komiya was the one to call him there," Tachibana says.

"I will admit that I hit them, but I got called over to the special building," Sudou says.

"That's a lie. Sudo called us to the special annex building," Komiya retorts.

"Don't fuck with me! You're the ones who called me," Sudou yells.

"Horikita..." I whisper, but she remains quiet and keeps her head down.

This situation was terrible. We needed to stop Sudou from getting carried away. She wasn't showing any reaction.

"You just kept running your mouths! You're jealous because I'm on the list of potential regulars! And at basketball practice, you always get in my..."

"Silence, please," Tachibana said.

Sudou clicked his tongue before sitting down.

"Without new testimony or evidence, we will proceed under these assumptions. Is this acceptable?" Tachibana asked.

Things aren't looking good for us.

"It seems there was no need for discussion," Manabu said.

"It's clear from the state of their injuries that the violence was one-sided. I should base my decision on that. Class D's insistence that it was self-defense is contradicted by Sudou-kun's lack of injuries and the condition of Ishizaki-kun and the others," Tachibana said.

Feeling desperate about my party's state, I resorted to pinching Suzune Horikita's side, causing her to react strongly as if tickled.

"Eh?... Aya-- What? S-Stop it! What are you... Hey...

When someone's spacing out, a solid physical stimulus will snap them back to reality.

"If you don't fight, we're going to lose," that seemed to snap Horikita back to reality.