Vol. 3 Chp. 4: Things Going South

'...': Writing
'...': Sign language

Kagurazaka's POV

I ate breakfast near the cruise ship pool when a bird landed on the table.

I didn't see the slip of paper I gave her.

Yes, it's a female, and I named it Brave.

Good job, Brave!

I rewarded Brave with a bit of my food.

Ayanokouji's POV

I returned to the base camp of Class D, "Did you find anything?" Horikita asked.

"It seems that the Class C students retired," I pulled out the paper, "Here you go."

"What is this?" She took it.

I didn't answer her, and I walked away from her.

"Ayanokouji-kun, do you mind if we talk?" I turned to see Hirata with a smile.

I shook my head, "I can talk."

"Let's talk over here," Hirata said.

I followed him to a secluded area, "Do you think Kagurazaka-kun stole Karuizawa-san's underwear?"

"I don't think he did," I answered.

Hirata sighed in relief, "I believe he didn't steal it either. He doesn't seem like that kind of person to do it."

"I'm asking a lot, but would you try to find the real culprit?" Hirata asked.

"Yeah, I could do that. May I know why?" I asked with curiosity.

"I feel bad. Kagurazaka-kun refused to let me talk to him about it. I think he knew that no one would have listened to him. I don't blame him for refusing to talk to me," Hirata said with a sad smile.

Kagurazaka's POV

I arrived at the cruise ship's pool, wearing my rash guard and swimming trunks. I might as well enjoy myself while I'm on the cruise ship.

"Oh God, why are you here?" Manabe was lying on a sun chair with an annoyed expression.

'I'm here to swim. Where's the rest of your friend group?'

"They are relaxing," Manabe answered, "Go away now."

I wasn't going to leave since you're giving me attitude. I sat down on the sun chair beside hers.

"You're annoying. How about making like a tree and fuck off?" Manabe growled.

'Why are you hostile toward me?'

"It's the way I talk!" She yelled.

I stared at her as she stared back at me with a glare. It didn't take long for her before she looked away with a groan.

"The reason I speak like this is because of my crew."

So, Manabe was the leader of a crew.

'I thought it would be your parents.'

For a moment, I saw her eyes darkened. It looks like her parents are a sensitive subject.

'Sorry, I shouldn't have said that.'

Manabe shook her head, "You're fine..."

An awkward silence filled the air as I brought my attention to the pool. I should leave Manabe alone and go swimming.

"Hey..." Manabe said, "I'm sorry about how our first interaction went," Manabe didn't make eye contact and had a bashful expression.

I nodded before setting my notebook on the sun chair and walking toward the pool.