Vol. 11 Chp. 1: Event Selection Exam

'...': Writing
'...': Sign language
"...": Text to speech

Some students probably wondered if Yamauchi would still be present on Monday, but unfortunately, reality was not merciful. 

Since the weekend events, one desk in the classroom had been left unoccupied, as Yamauchi Haruki was no longer among them. 

This had caused the smile on Hirata's face to fade, while Kushida's smile had disappeared altogether. Sudou and Ike also looked less energetic than usual.

My mind was a cloudy mess...

I didn't know what to believe. Did Ayanokouji kill my mom and aunt? That man in the suit could be lying, but Arisu was giving a warning about spilling the beans.

"Without further ado, I will now announce the final special exam," Chabashira-sensei said.

"We will finish the year with one final special exam, where you'll be asked to demonstrate the culmination of everything you've learned up until now, including knowledge, physical ability, cooperation, and maybe even a little luck. In short, all of you will need to demonstrate the full extent of your potential."

"The special exam is called the 'Event Selection Exam,' in which each class competes based on their comprehensive ability. The class you'll be competing against will be decided by the rules, similar to during the Paper Shuffle exam."

After this, Chabashira-sensei started explaining the year's final exam rules.

Event Selection Exam

Exam Schedule

March 8th: 

Special exam announcement date. 

The commander is chosen. 

Class Matchups are decided.

March 15th:

Announcement of the ten events for the class battle and their corresponding rules.

March 22nd:

The Event Selection Exam is held. All the selected events are hosted on the same day.

Event Selection

Each class must choose ten unique, well-known events with set time limits.

The same class can not register for two identical events at the school.

Events can not be retracted once selected.

If a class doesn't finalize their event before the deadline, the school will choose for them.

Each class designates 5 Official Events they genuinely want to compete in and 5 Fake-outs to deceive the opposing class.

Paired classes compete in 7 randomly selected Official Events.

The classes must develop rules that ensure no "tie" during the event. The rules should also describe how a commander can intervene during the event.

Rules and Expectations

Each event must require a different number of participants, excluding substitutes.

The minimum number of participants is one, and the maximum is twenty, including those acting as substitutes.

Students can participate in events for a second time if all their classmates have participated in at least one event.

Commander Selection

Each class appoints a commander responsible for event selection and intervention.