Vol. 8 Chp. 2: Duel

'...': Writing
'...': Sign language
"...": Text to speech

Class A: Kitou Hayato

Class B: Hamaguchi Tetsuya, Beppu Ryouta, Watanabe Norohito, Moriyama Kazu

Class C: Kagurazaka Norogumi, Miyake Akito

Class D: Ryuuen Kakeru, Komiya Kyogo, Oda Takumi

It feels like this group could fall apart at any moment. With Ryuuen part of the group, the tension will be high.

I remember Kitou, and he's part of the Sakayanagi faction. The most significant observation I came to was that he's her bodyguard.

I still remember our confrontation.

"Norogumi-kun," I heard Akito whisper, "What's with the bird?"

Glance at Brave as she perched on my shoulder.

'Followed me here.'

"That makes sense... I think?"

"I thought you'd take a bit more time, but this is surprisingly fast," Nagumo, the student council president, addressed the first years.

The 2nd and 3rd years seem to have already formed their small groups.

"I have a proposal to make to you 1st years. Why don't we form large groups right away?" Nagumo proposed.

"Nagumo-senpai, isn't that supposed to take place tonight?"

"That's because the school didn't think you'd be able to form your small groups right away. Coincidentally, all the school years have just finished forming their small groups. It's best if we get a move on, right?"

The teachers hadn't expected things to turn out this way either. Sensing that steps were being taken to form large groups, the teachers started to move in a hurry.

Since the student council president himself made that proposal, there's no way the other students would refuse to do so either.

"Horikita-senpai, you don't mind, do you?"

"Sure. That'd be convenient for us, too."

After that brief back-and-forth, discussions were held with Nagumo at their center.

"What to do? Don't you think it'd be interesting to decide things based on something like a draft? Six representatives from the 1st years play rock-paper-scissors and decide the order. Based on that order, they'll pick the 2nd and 3rd year small groups and the large groups will form just like that. It'd be quick and impartial."

Nsgumo's gaze was on me, but to his disappointment, I chose to ignore it.

"We have no complaints," Matoba answered.

"I see; let's get started right away."

Nagumo smiled and joined up with the small group he probably formed himself.

And then, the 2nd years and 3rd years split themselves into six groups to make it easier to understand.

Watching them, Nagumo's expression turned gentle, almost like he was looking at a child.

"Now all that's left is that group over there," Nagumo said, talking about the group that Ayanokouji was part of.

I noticed Keisei's back was slightly pushed, and a skeptical expression appeared, but he seemed to resign and raise his hand.

The six representatives of the small groups assembled and formed a circle, and they started playing rock-paper-scissors.

As a result, Akito became last in line to select a senior student group. First in line is the Class A group led by Matoba. Second in line is the Class C group led by Hirata. Third in line is the Class D group led by Kaneda. Fourth in line is the Class C group led by Keisei.