Vol. 6 Chp. 7: A Group Was Form

'...': Writing
'...': Sign language
"...": Text to speech

Rino, Shiina, and I were studying at the library when I invited Sakura to join us. I expected her to miss showing up.

"Thank you for inviting me, Kagurazaka-kun," Sakura said shyly.

Shiina was thrilled to have another person to read with. "I'm so glad you could come! Do you like books too?"

Sakura seemed surprised by Shiina's enthusiasm. Rino noticed and asked, "Is she always like this?"

'When it comes to books, she turns into a bundle of nonstop energy.'

Shiina blushed and pouted. "Hey, I enjoy reading books!"

'I'm teasing you.'

"Oh."

"Umm... How have you been, Kagurazaka-kun? I heard that you weren't attending class," Shiina said.

I could feel Sakura's worried eyes on me as Rino had a bored expression, but her eyes seemed slightly concerned.

'I'm doing okay.'

Does the entire first-year grade know about me not attending classes? It couldn't stop at them, though. What if the whole school heard about it?

This is too much to think about right now.

"That's a nice necklace you're wearing," Shiiba attempted to change the topic.

'It's my mom's and aunt's necklaces, and I combined them.'

"Are we going to read or not?" Rino asked, bored.

"Ah, what do you like to read?" Shiina asked cheerfully.

"Horror."

"Oh, I enjoy mystery," Shiina said.

Rino and Shiina discussed different genres while Sakura and I sat awkwardly. I turned and caught Sakura's gaze; she blushed and looked away.

'It's been a while since we last hung out,' my actions must have scared her.

"Y-Yes...!"  She sat straight up.

'How have you been?'

"I-I've been good..." Sakura pressed her index fingers together, "U-umm... are you okay, K-Kagurazaka-kun?"

'It's nice that you're concerned, but I'm doing okay.'

"A-are you sure?" I nodded.

"Sakura-chan."

"Y-yes...!" She whipped her head around only to see a bright smile on Shiina's face.

"What's your favorite kind of genre?" Shiina asked.

"U-umm... w-well... I don't read much..." Sakura brought her gaze to the ground.

Shiina tapped a finger on her chin as she thought about something. "Hmm, how about a romance novel?"

"R-romance?!" Sakura's face turned beet red.

Shiina clapped, "Yeah, I think you would enjoy a good romance novel."

Rino snorted, but she kept her bored expression.

'I'm going to grab some snacks.'

"Okay, I'll find a good romance novel for Sakura-chan."

"I'll chill right here," Rino said.

I got up from my seat and started leaving the library when I heard quick footsteps behind me, "K-Kagurazaka-kun... can I come with?"