Vol. 10 Chp. 6: Learning The Truth

'...': Writing
'...': Sign language
"...": Text to speech

Present time

Manabe's POV

I could feel the tears building up as I got expelled. I didn't want to leave this school yet. I had nowhere to go if I had to leave. I couldn't fight the results.

"Sakagami-sensei," Kaneda spoke, "I want you to buy the protection point from me."

What? Is that allowed?

"I don't think..."

"There's no rule that says that I can't give my protection point to my teacher and have him transfer it to another classmate," Kaneda interrupted.

Sakagami thought about it before nodding, "Alright, but are you sure about this?"

Kaneda nodded.

"Okay, I will give you a million points for the protection points."

Kaneda agreed to it.

Wait, does this mean...?

"It looks like you don't have to leave, Manabe Shiho," Sakagami-sensei said.

I couldn't believe it, but I cried joyfully because I could stay in this school.

~Timeskip~

Kagurazaka's POV

One person was absent from the classroom. Although it was the same classroom, there was a distinct difference in the atmosphere. Everyone seemed disheartened, and the mood was heavy. 

The situation would likely have been the same regardless of who would be expelled. It was crucial to determine who was necessary and who was unnecessary for the future success of the class as a whole. 

These questions had to be answered. Finally, one person stood up from their seat and left the room.

With that, everyone else began to follow suit without anyone saying very much.

After a day off, once Monday came around, everyone would return to the classroom again.

Hirata sat motionless at his desk, dazed since Yamauchi left.

"Hirata-kun... Uhm..."

Mei-Yu timidly called out to him, concerned about his well-being.

However, Hirata only slightly shifted his gaze to look at her and said nothing.

How did Hirata feel about this class now?

The students who couldn't bear to see Hirata in such a state slowly left and headed home.

Sudou and Ike quietly left the classroom as well.

I decided to make small talk with Kouenji, "Do you need something, Silent-kun?"

'I didn't think you'd take action for the sake of the class.'

"Of course. Even I would cooperate with Horikita-girl to avoid expulsion."

'Did you want some entertainment?'

"Haha," Kouenji laughed, "I was certainly entertained."

I rolled my eyes and left the classroom. I saw Horikita talking to Ayanokouji.

"Ayanokouji-kun. You... How much of this did you anticipate ahead of time?"

"Didn't I say it before? I didn't explicitly take part in this exam," Ayanokouji said.

"...But..."

"I'm heading home," he started walking away.

"Ayanokouji-kun!!"