Vol. 2 Chp. 2: Finding The Witness

' ': Writing
' ': Sign language

When lunchtime arrived, Kushida asked me, "Do you want to go to lunch?" A smile was on her face.

I did have a choice in the matter, but it would bring back terrible feedback if I were to deny the class angel. I shook my head, got up, and left the classroom.

Cafeteria

I was sitting by myself at an empty table, eating my bento, when I heard a tray getting placed in front of me. Looking up from my bento, I saw Horikita with a severe expression.

Wasn't she going to eat lunch with Kushida, Ayanokouji, Sudou, Ike, and Yamauchi? Why is she here?

Horikita sat and spoke, "Kagaurazaka-kun, you were witness to Sudou's fight," she stated.

I didn't hint at her about being there to witness it, "If you're wondering how I know, it's because Sakura-san was staring right at your back."

'What do you want?'

"I'm wondering if you're going to help out," she said.

I shook my head.

There was no reason for me to get involved with this. I didn't have any evidence on me, and my words won't mean a thing. Even if I saw the fight, I didn't have evidence to back it up.

"Hmm, it looks like we have the same idea," Horikita said before eating her food.

I'm having difficulty believing that Horikita will stay out of the matter. She was willing to form a study group for the idiot trio.

After School

I was going for a walk when I noticed a commotion going on at the gym. I would ignore it when I saw it was Hirata and the girls. I saw Hirata being held by his collar by a young man with green hair.

I could cause a stir.

I grabbed a basketball and aimed at the person holding Hirata's collar. I threw the ball and hit the guy's head, causing him to loosen his grip.

Hirata was free from him and looked at me with wide eyes.

"You! Did you throw this at me?!" The green-haired guy yelled, holding the basketball.

I shrugged.

"Bastard, I'm going to hit you ten times harder!" He yelled, throwing the basketball as hard as he could.

I stepped to the side, and the ball whizzed by me. I looked back at the basketball before looking at the young man. He seemed even more furious as his plan to get revenge wasn't a success. With a tight grip, he marched over to me and grabbed me by the collar.

"I'm going to beat your ass!" He declared.

"Hey, stop that!" Mori made her way over, glaring at him with her hands on her hips.

It was too sudden when he tried to slap Mori's face as she stood beside me. She almost got hit, but I grabbed the young man's wrist.

Hmm, what if I put pressure right here?

The green-haired guy let go of my collar and fell to one knee. I released his wrist and stared him down.

I wasn't expecting things to go this way, but it looked like I had to use force. A sigh escaped my lips as I started walking away.

I would continue walking, but I wanted to return to my room.

Mori's POV

I thought I would get slapped in the face, but Kagurazaka intercepted and caught the green-haired guy's wrist. He saved me from getting hit in the face...