Vol. 5 Chp. 4: Getting Cornered

'...': Writing
'...': Sign language
"...": Text to speech

Silence...

Nobody said a word after what transpired on the field. There was no cheering, crying out in frustration, or the wind blowing after the strange event everyone witnessed.

"W-What was that...?" Mori was the brave person to ask the question.

Everyone's undivided attention was on a mute guy with a crow on his shoulder. The pigeons and squirrels scattered and ran away.

What he displayed broke all common sense.

Cheers broke out at the spectacle that Kagurazaka displayed on the field.

Kagurazaka's POV

A sigh escaped my lips. The attention was a bit much.

Sudou punched my shoulder, "Damn... I thought you were joking about bonding with animals."

I do enjoy my walks.

"I'm feeling fired up after watching Ryuuen getting attacked like that!" Sudou roared.

"I don't want to dampen the mood," Hirata said, "Ryuuen had something in his hair."

Hirata showed us his hand, and there was a clear and sticky fluid. Ayanokouji touched his fingertips, "Hair gel?" Ayanokouji pondered.

"That bastard...!" I thought Sudou would turn on his heels and confront Ryuuen, but he sighed, tired of all the bullshit.

Kanzaki's POV

That Kagurazaka guy is an enigma. I wasn't expecting to get ambushed by a bunch of pigeons.

"That was embarrassing..." A sheepish smile formed on Shibata's face.

"Yes, but the unorthodox and unique," I said, "There are no rules about animals."

Shibata laughed, "That's true! He thought outside of the box."

"Are you guys okay?!" Ichinose called out to us.

"We are fine," I told her.

"Speak for yourself," Hamaguchi groaned, "Squirrels didn't bombard you."

"Well, one thing is for certain... If there's ever an exam with animals, I think I know who will be our toughest competition," I said.

We looked at Kagurazaka, who was ignoring his classmates, not trying to pay them attention.

Manabe's POV

I should be rooting for our class, but I felt some satisfaction watching Ryuuen getting attacked by animals.

"Did you guys see that?" Saki asked with her infinite amount of energy.

"For the fifth time... Yes!" I was getting annoyed.

I could hear Nanami and Rika giggling.

"It was like he had a superpower to command animals. Do you think I could do that?!" Saki asked.

"No."

Saki clutched her chest, "Your denial hurts..." She pretended to faint.

"B-but I think it's cute... He can bond with wild animals..." A blush appeared on Rika's face.

Don't tell me she has a crush on that annoying bastard... There's nothing good about him!

"Shiho-san, your face is turning red," Nanami wiggled her eyebrows.

"It's the sun!" I argued.

Like I said, there's nothing good about him...

Sakayanagi's POV