Vol. 7.5 Chp. 1: Winter Holidays

'...': Writing
'...': Sign language
"...": Text to speech

I didn't mind the winter holidays because I was glad to be on vacation, and it was getting close to Christmas. People would probably enjoy their holidays by hanging out with their friends or lovers. They can enjoy their free time the best they can before school resumes.

I left my bedroom and went to Keyaki Mall. Many people were here today as they were enjoying the winter holidays with their friends.

"How are you today, Norogumi-kun?"

Arisu slowly approached me with a smug smile on her face. I wasn't expecting to see her alone. Her entourage usually accompanied her, but there was no one.

'Arisu-san, are you enjoying your holiday?'

"Fufufu," Arisu laughed, "I came here today to play with Masumi-san."

She must be waiting for Kamuro.

"I wouldn't mind if you join us," Arisu said.

I had nothing better to do, so I nodded.

"Fufu. I'm glad," Arisu said, "Now, we have to wait for Masumi-san."

"So you were here... Hey, don't just abruptly move away from the promised meeting place. Your legs are bad, you know," Kamuro noticed me, but she didn't say anything and badmouthed Arisu.

"I do apologize," Arisu said, "I arrived earlier and was merely taking a walk."

"Then at least contact me once about it," Kamuro looked annoyed.

"Well, let's get going," Arisu said.

"If it isn't Kagurazaka Norogumi."

It was brief, but I noticed Arisu frowning before she adjusted it to a smile that didn't reach her eyes, "Hello, Student Council President."

Every student in the school knows Nagumo, a second-year Class A student. He has several friends, including male and female students, some of whom are student council members. Among the council members are Secretaries Mizowaki and Tonokawa, Vice President Kiriyama, and some female students.

And then, the only one from amongst the 1st years whose name made it to the student council, Ichinose.

She didn't recklessly step forward from the lineup. When our gazes briefly met, she only smiled. The other student council members, except Ichinose, ignored me and continued their conversations.

I caught Asahina's gaze, and she gave me an apologetic look.

"You guys can go on ahead to the movie theater. I will wait for Miyabi-kun," Asahina said.

"Oh good, then we will be waiting for you," Tonokawa said.

I noticed Kiriyama seemed unsatisfied with this, but it looked like he didn't have a choice since everyone agreed. The group was about to leave when Ichinose said something to me.

"Let's talk sometime, Kagurazaka-kun!"

The group left, leaving Nagumo and Miyabi.

"Shall we have a chat then? You have time, don't you?" Nagumo said.

"I don't think Norogumi-kun doesn't even want to bother talking to you," Arisu said, acting smug.

Nagumo laughed, but it didn't reach his eyes, "You certainly have an attitude problem, but I wasn't talking to you, kouhai."

'Do you need something?'

"We're going to the movie theater. Do you want to join us?" Nagumo asked.