1

Sitting in the library I sigh waiting for whatever reason both Andi and Cissa have asked me
to come for, in the three years since the war ended I've learned a lot like Bellatrix was driven
insane by Tom Riddle, their parents were never really followers but followed out of fear, but mostly they are both always getting me into something or doing something that makes me question their supposed sanity.

Andi shoves some papers into my pocket after transfiguring my clothes while Cissa forces me to swallow some potion gagging I shiver noticing them start a spell.

Once they stop I groan grabbing my head "what did you two do?" I ask swaying before I pass out.

Feeling someone shaking me I groan rolling away from the person while memories flash
before my eyes "What happened?" I hear a male voice demand.

"Aquila are you okay?"

"Yeah Walburga, I'm fine" I groan before noticing who I said, turning my head I see a young
Walburga holding her hands out to help me up.

"Disgusting vermin" she hisses while dusting me off till the magic on my robes take over
repelling all the dust and dirt off.

"What happened?" Cygnus demands again while checking me while I shake my head frowning "I got distracted and some boys came up pushing me" I answer.

"What happened to the girl that was fighting with them after they pushed me?" I ask confused on why I remember this.

Hearing someone running up Walburga pulls me behind her glaring at the girl jogging up "oh
good you're okay" she says smiling at me peaking around Walburga.

"Who are you?" Walburga demands.

"Oh right, I'm Minerva McGonagall" she says holding her hand out.

Stepping out I look her over she's younger but I know those eyes anywhere "I'm Aquila Black" I say taking her hand.

Walburga yanks me back behind her glaring at Minerva "would you stop with the over protective sister actions, she was trying to help me" I hiss glaring at her.

"We don't know who this muggle is she could hurt you" Cygnus hisses while glaring at her.

"I know that word, could you show me how to get in I need to buy my school supplies it's my first time?" she asks nervously.

"Your muggle born?" Druella asks curling her lip.

"No half blood" she answers calmly.

Pushing past Walburga at seeing her looking unsure I link our arms together "it's my first year
too we can go in together".

Smiling I get her to follow the others with me "do you know the houses yet?" I ask.

She shrugs smiling "no is it important?" She asks glancing at me.

"There's four houses Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin each house was named
after a founder of the School, as a safe place for young Witches and Wizards to learn safely hidden from the muggle world for safety" I say smiling.

"Do you know what house you'll be in?" She asks.

"Aquila will be a Slytherin like all Black's" Walburga says.

Rolling my eyes I smirk looking at Walburga "maybe I'll be Ravenclaw or Gryffindor" I say
gasping like I said something offensive.

"Do not play Aquila" she says glaring at me.

"Who says I'm playing Walburga, it could happen I'm very interested in knowledge, I'm also brave enough to point out all your faults along with mother, father, and that thing that's our
brother" I snark glaring at her.

Shaking my head I sigh trying to figure out what I'm doing or what's happened, for now I'll
just go with it and read the notes later they better have given me information before doing whatever this is.

Seeing everyone take off but Walburga she sighs looking at us "let's go get your supplies we
will do the wand last" she says before leading us to get books.

Glancing at Minerva I see her sigh placing the books back before walking away to the second hand section, shaking my head I grab hers and rush up to the counter as Walburga frowns
seeing two sets of each book.

"Please she helped me we need to repay her kindness, we can at least make sure she has good stuff for school" I whisper.

"Minerva get up here" Walburga calls handing over the money before handing her the books.

"You tried to help my sister we will make sure you have decent school supplies not second hand" she says gruffly before leading us to get our trunks and everything else.

Reaching the familiar shop she stops us "you don't pick who is your familiar they pick you, just go in and look around if you feel like something is calling you follow it to who has chosen you".

Nodding we make our way in "can we look at the cats?" Minerva asks.

Nodding I smile at her "most of them are half Kneazles they are known to breed with muggle cats".

Walking over I smile petting one that's black with the same smashed face that Crooks will
have.

Feeling him jump on me then climb to my shoulder I smile scratching her chin as she
headbutts me making chipping sounds, once Minerva finds hers I smile leading us to the front where Walburga waits holding an large eagle owl.

Minerva pays for her familiar and supplies before we head out to find our wands, walking in I
smile watching Minerva look around with the same amazed look I see on others.

"Who's first ladies?" Ollivander asks smiling.

"She can go first" I say nudging Minerva forward he nods measuring her arm before turning around grabbing a few wands after several that react badly he hums pulling another "9½ inches long, made of fir wood, and has a dragon heartstring core" he says smiling at her.

I watch as she flicks it and it blows her hair back gently "I'd say that's your wand" he says
smiling.

Stepping up he repeats the process with me with wands that are common for Blacks after having multiple things explode he grabs something else "here try this one" he says shaking slightly.

Taking it I flick my wrist thinking about my past life, of sitting with Minerva having tea while joking, and finally her proud smile when I first gained my Animagus form opening my eyes I look at my patronus shocked that it's not an otter but a very clear Tabby Cat.

"Aquila you cast a patronus" Walburga says proudly.

"What's a Patronus?" Minerva asks watching my cat pounce around her feet playfully.

"An advanced spell" Walburga answers.

Walking out and back to the muggle part she glances around before looking at Minerva "where's your guardian?" She asks frowning.

"I took the train"

"Alone?"

Seeing Minerva nod she sighs "come you won't be able to make the trip back with your familiar".

Leading her to the manor she lets us in "mother, father we are back and need someone to help Aquila new friend".

"New friend?" My mother asks frowning.

"She's a half blood was fighting with some muggle boys to protect Aquila" Walburga says.

She nods stepping forward "you have a magical parent, your mother or father?"

"My mother ma'am" Minerva answers.

"What's her name I'm sure I went to school with her"

"Isobel Rosier now McGonagall"
Mother nods frowning "Yes, I remember her she's a pure blood witch, it has been a long time since I seen her".

"Pollux, Walburga and I are taking Aquila little friend home" she calls out before leading us
outside.

"Just think of Isobel as the destination" she says to Walburga.