59

Two days later
Standing at the McGonagall home I glance at my family before knocking on the door.

Robert Jr opens it smiling at me "hi Aquila" he says smiling before running back further in the house yelling about us being here while leaving the door open.

Smiling I walk in seeing seeing Mr. McGonagall reading a paper "hello Mr. McGonagall" I say bowing slightly.

He puts his paper down coping my bow greeting us before motioning to the seat "I was told we were having a meeting before dinner to discuss marriage".

Nodding I move to the couch sitting down as Minnie and Mrs. McGonagall join us mother, father, and Walburga move to sit down while my brothers and their wives take Vela outside to the back yard.

"I should clear up somethings first Sir, I'm a courting child Walburga gave birth to me but because of some crimes that my birth father did, my parents adopted me passing me off as their child to protect me and her that's why all three are staying for this"

He nods looking to Mrs. McGonagall for guidance "they are here for dinner and to discuss expectations on a marriage contract it's to make sure that both sides are happy with the marriage".

"It's a tradition, we no longer use magically binding contracts it just to make sure we both understand what the other wants" I add.

He nods waiting "follow our families traditions of star names or after saints" father says placing the contract and quil down.

"How does that work?" Mr. McGonagall asks.

"Either based on when they are born or a what star name feels right it's only the first name so middle names can be after someone or what you like" mother answers.

"I named Aquila with Aurora for a middle name because she's my beautiful light" Walburga says placing her hand on my back.

Keeping my face blank I see Minnie laughing silently "is it possible for any child they have to come to church with us?" Mr. McGonagall asks.

"I have no problem with it I want them to learn about their muggle heritage as well" I answer leaning forward to add it to the list.

"I just want Minerva to be able to do what she wants with her life and not be forced to give up learning or working if she wants" Mrs. McGonagall says softly.

I nod turning the list to her pointing out a line "Minerva will be allowed to continue her studies as long as she wants or work if she chooses, should she wish to continue her studies Aquila Black will cover the costs of anything she needs for the lessons".

Mr. McGonagall leans forward pulling it to him reading it over "you already added what you promised when you asked for permission?" He asks sounding slightly shocked.

"Yes sir, a Black keeps their word"

Nodding he pushes it back between us settling into his seat "typically there is a dowery payment made do you want to do that?" Father asks.

"That's meant to show you can provide right?"

"Yes" father answers.

Mr. McGonagall nods looking at me "I know she can provide for Minnie and any future child but even if she lost all the money she has, she has proven to be a hard worker I may not understand that world but I can recognize a strong work ethic"

Looking at Minnie I smile seeing her twisting her ring around her finger unconsciously.

2 hours later

Finishing the meeting I smile taking Minnie's hand kissing it before going outside to see what everyone's doing.

Looking at Hagrid he sits with Robert Jr climbing on his back while Olympe looks around the yard.