twentyseven

Few days later.

I'm so excited.

Sitting in Logans car, on my way to the animal shelter. Blasting a lot of random songs, and singing.

I decided that I'm going to get a dog, maybe even a cat.

My hands are a little bit shakey.

There it is. I can see it from here.

My heart is pounding more than usually.

I get out of the car and grab my purse with me, and lock the car afterwards.

I open the front door and go to the desk on the left side.

"Good morning, how can I help you?" The old lady asked. She had glasses, they were slowly sliding down her nose.

"I'm here to adopt a dog." I said, my smile widening even more at this point.

"Oh, then come with me." A smile creeped on her face as I said that.

She guided me through the door revealing tons of cute dogs starting to bark or wiggle their tales.

My smile couldn't get any bigger they all are so cute.

How could people do this to animals?

I looked around and went around their crates, petting each one of them and taking a look.

My eyes stopped for a few seconds on one of the dogs.

This is the one.

A golden retriever.

My dream dog.

"What's your name?" I asked as I pet him on the head.

"His name is Max. His previous owner died and no one could take care of him, after that so now he's here." The old lady sighed.

"This is the one."

"Then let me get him out and register everything."

"Can I go and take a look at the cats?" I asked looking at her.

"Of course, the door on the right." She said as she got out Max out of his cage. His tale was wiggling like crazy.

Meanwhile I opened the door and it revealed the most cats I've seen in my life.

Their faces quickly turned my way.

One of them, he was cute, came to me and went around my legs, looking for someone to scratch him.

I bent down so I could pet him, he rolled on his back, so I could scratch his belly.

I heard the door open, making my head turn that way and seeing the lady a bit surprised.

"What is it?" I asked, still rubbing the cats  belly.

"He came to you? He is the most shiest (is that a fricken word?!?) cat in the whole shelter." She gasped.

"What? He just came up to me." I looked in his eyes, they were so mesmerizing, I couldn't stop looking at them. They were just like Daniels.

"Are you going to...adopt him?" The old lady slightly tilted her head.

I thought about it a bit more. I don't have e
anything, a bed, food and toys.

"Yes." The lady, was smiling and came up to us two, getting the cat.

"You're changing their names?" The lady looked up for a second, not looking at the papers on her desk.

"Yes, Max is now going to be King and the little Spencer is going to be blue, just like his eyes."