Prologue:: Overwhelmed

Sherlock strode through the lobby of Ainsworth Rise and called for the elevator. He was barely given a second glance by the few others in the room. In the week since he and Susanna had made their courtship official, Sherlock had become a regular visitor to Ainsworth Rise. Zella didn't even bother trying to have him sign in or out anymore.

The lift came and he boarded it quickly, exuding an air of agitation. And in truth he was. For the past week he and Susanna had been enduring waves of questions from friends and family alike, and had barely had a moment's peace for every text, phone call or sudden conversation. Sherlock had also taken on a perplexing case, that were it not for being pestered by everyone else, he would have solved the previous day. Mycroft had decided to conveniently drop by and while dumping another pile of cases in his lap had gotten deep under Sherlock's skin.

Sherlock sprinted off the lift when the door opened enough and marched to Susanna's flat, knocking twice while extracting his own key. The door opened and revealed Susanna who smiled, "Good Morning, Sherlock." She opened the door and stepped back for him to come in. Once she'd closed the door he leaned down and pulled her in close for a kiss, cupping her face in his hands. She kissed back and after they were satisfied they pulled apart.

Sherlock lowered his hands to her forearms, "We haven't had enough time to do that since we made the official announcement." Susanna smiled and nodded, tapping her fingers on his chest.

"We've certainly stirred up a lot of excitement," Her eyes changed and she inhaled, "What's wrong, Sherlock? John said you were coming over to talk to me." Sherlock frowned and Susanna pulled him into the living room. As he took off his shoes, coat, scarf, and blazer he enlightened her to his dilemma.

"I needed a quiet space to think. Everyone keeps showing up to interrogate me and I can't figure out this case!" Sherlock exclaimed, "Everyone is interested in the tiniest details our courtship and Mycroft doesn't understand how I could allow romantic sentiment into my life!"

"You're overwhelmed with all of the sudden attention," Susanna summed up. Sherlock said nothing but his eyes affirmed her statement. She smiled gently, "Don't worry, Sherlock. Give them a few more weeks and the attention will die down."

"How are you so sure?" She shrugged.

"Experience," Sherlock smiled. Susanna stepped closer and slid her arms around his torso, for a gentle hug. The detective put his arms around her and placed his hands together at the small of her back, resting his head atop hers, "I never thought that you would be so affectionate, Sherlock."

"Neither did I," He confessed, garnering laughter from both of them. Sherlock exhaled deeply and Susanna hummed, "What?"

"You're calming down and relaxing."

"I suppose I was quite agitated."

"Yes you were." Susanna affirmed and they peeled away from each other. Sherlock planted a brief kiss on her forehead.

"I need to enter my mind palace now." He explained. She nodded and gestured to the armchair that had practically become his seat.

"Go ahead then. I'll just be in the kitchen." She walked into the kitchenette and left Sherlock to his thoughts. He sat down and assumed his prayer position.

When he'd connected the dots and figured out the case, Sherlock's eyes flew open and he immediately reached for his phone to text Lestrade who the killer was. Only to remember that he had left his phone at 221B. He grunted and then noticed Susanna curled up on her chaise with her phone in her hands and a cuppa tea in front of her, "Phone." She looked up.

"What?"

"Phone. I left mine at Baker Street and I figured out the case," Susanna nodded and passed him her phone. Sherlock quickly typed up the text and let out a long held in breath as he handed it back to her. She had powered on the TV and launched Netflix, "You're going to watch crap telly?"

"I don't watch crap telly. I watch TV shows," Susanna corrected with a slight smile. Sherlock stood up and walked over, "Yes?"

"Mind if I join you?" They both blushed but Susanna nodded, patting the spot next to her. He sat down and pulled her in close. She smiled and leaned into him as she selected the NCIS Pilot Episode Yankee White, "What is this?"

"NCIS. Stands for Naval Criminal Investigative Service."

"Another cop show?"

"They're not technically Police. They're Federal Agents," She clarified, "I think you might actually like it."

"Alright then." Sherlock relented and she started the episode.

About halfway through, Sherlock was spouting theories and comments like a critic. Susanna kept quiet and let him ramble on. She'd watched pretty much every episode so she wasn't worried about him spoiling anything. Once the credits began she spoke up, "Do you want to watch the next one?"

"Yes." Susanna grinned while Sherlock permitted a half smile. She queued up the next episode and tucked under his arm, sliding hers around him.

"This is nice." She sighed happily. Sherlock smiled fully.

"It certainly is."

Thank you for reading and please stay tuned for Chapter One!