Not a Dream {Susanna}

New Years Day

BANG BANG BANG CRASH!!

I jolt awake and sit up in bed, "What in the world!!?"

"Happy New Year, Susanna!!"

"Brooklyn?!" She grins and bangs together a pot and a spoon again, filling my bedroom with crashing noises. I scowl and lunge, "Brooklyn! Stop!"

"I said the party was postponed! Not the annual Brooklyn wake up call!" She calls over the loud kitchenware symphony, dodging me. I roll my eyes and fall back onto the mattress, pulling the covers up over my head.

"I'm tired, Brooklyn, let me sleep!" I whine and close my eyes.

"Late night?"

"Mmm hmm..." I snuggle back into my fortress of pillows. In mere seconds the covers are pulled off and I groan, "Brooklyn-!"

Her loud, excited gasp and consequent squeal are enough for me to open my eyes again, "Susanna!"

"What?!" I sit up and as I free my hands from the covers, my new engagement ring comes into full lighting and I freeze, holding it up and gazing at it, "Last night wasn't a dream..."

"He proposed and you said yes! Congratulations, Red!!" Brooklyn cheers and jumps onto the mattress, "Can I see?"

"Of course, Brook." I chuckle, grinning somewhat like an idiot. She grabs my hand, turning it this way and that as she looks at the ring.

"Oh, Susie, I can't believe it! You and Sherlock are actually engaged!" She chirps, "I knew you two were smartly matched when you started dating-"

"-Courting."

"Courting. I might have died if you two didn't get engaged soon!"

"Don't be so dramatic, Brooklyn." She lunges and traps me in a hug.

"I'm so happy for you, Susanna! Come on now, how'd he do it? Details, sister!"

I laugh, "We went out to Angelo's for dinner and then he took me to Richmond Park. Oh, it was so lovely and romantic-"

"I bet! I know it was snowing last night! Go on!" Instead of telling her everything, I give her a watered down version of Sherlock's proposal and let her steep in excitement. She flops down on her back on the bed and sighs, "Oh, Susie, you're getting married!"

Somehow that fact only hits me now. My hands fly up to my face, "I'm marrying Sherlock Holmes!" Following my best friend I collapse back onto the pillows. Unfortunately I smack my head against the wall in the process, "Ouch!!"

"Careful, Lady Grace!" Brooklyn teases and I playfully kick her in the shin.

"Shut up!"

"You're marrying Sherlock Holmes! How can I?"

My phone vibrates on my nightstand and I roll over to grab it.

Good Morning, Love! Brunch? John and Missus Hudson are impatiently waiting to see you now that we're officially engaged.
-SH

"What'd he say?" Brooklyn probes.

"He wants me to come for brunch. John and Missus H want to see me and probably the ring," She laughs, "What?"

"You know, Sherlock had a lot of trouble getting you an engagement ring! I mean, Rosie got kidnapped in the mall and then Lestrade called for a case. Finally he called me and Thalia for help-"

"Wait, you knew?" She holds up her hands.

"I didn't know when he was going to propose! I'm innocent!" I roll my eyes and sit up, "But I'm so excited to finally get to be your Maid of Honor!"

"Indeed! Now we just have to get you a date!" She sticks out her tongue.

"I'm afraid that I'm a lifetime member of the Forever Alone Club."

"Don't be like that. You'll find someone, Brooklyn, I know it!"

"Yeah, yeah," She sits up, "Aren't you going to text him back?"

"Once you put back the pot and the spoon."

"Killjoy!" I stick my tongue out at her and she gets up. I brace as she crashes the pot and spoon together in a ceremonial fashion and exits the bedroom.

Of course, Darling! I'll be there at 9!
-SM

I unplug my phone and get up to make the bed and get ready. More than a few times I stop to admire the ring, holding it up to the light and watching the diamonds sparkle. When I go to get my shower I put it in its box, unwilling to risk anything happening to it.

By the time I'm done, Brooklyn's left to see a few other friends so I give Ziva her morning meal and a few treats before heading out. I feel a little weird, since I'm constantly glancing at the ring and smiling giddily. Probably blushing like crazy too. But I can't really help it. Zella stops me in the lobby and I promise her more details and a better look later today, rushing to the car park.

I arrive at Baker Street five minutes before nine AM, still smiling like an idiot. I sigh happily and take off my helmet and gloves, not expecting to open the door and find Sherlock waiting for me with a quirky smile, "Good morning, darling." I greet as I close the front door behind me.

"Good morning, Love. Rest well?"

"Very, although Brooklyn woke me up by crashing a kitchen spoon and pot together." He takes my left hand and holds it gently, looking at the ring again.

"She knows then?"

"Yes," He smiles and we share a kiss. When we break apart I smile, "Let's not keep them waiting any longer."

"They are quite restless." He comments and we both laugh, holding hands as we go upstairs together.

Thank you for reading!!