Irene Adler {Susanna}

It's later in the evening and John has put Rosie down for bed. He's sitting at the desk, updating his blog and sipping tea. Sherlock has taken to his chair and entered his mind palace, hands under his chin. I look at the time, "If you'll not be needing me anymore I'd best get going." I stand up and grab my purse. John looks at me and nods.

"Alright then. Thanks for the soup, by the way."

"No problem," I gaze at Sherlock and then walk over to him. I kiss his cheek, "See you tomorrow, Darling."

He says nothing and I back away, smiling almost sadly, "He's been doing that more often." John sighs.

"We're both more comfortable than we were. He's come off the high that comes with the beginning of a relationship and now he's settled in."

"And you?"

"Same thing. I'm comfortable," I smile and walk to the door, "Good night, John. Make sure that he gets to bed at a decent hour."

"I'll do my best." He smiles and I head out.

I get home in record time and am greeted by Ziva with hearty meows and purrs, "Hey, Ziva. Did you have a good day?" I pick her up and she latches onto my shoulder, slicking her head over it, "I missed you too, Zee-vah."

After some cuddling I set her down and take off my shoes and jacket. I hang up my purse and keys, then walk into the kitchen to make some tea and a light supper.

About half an hour later I am reclined on the chaise with Ziva in my lap, watching the news, when someone buzzes at the door. I groan and turn off the TV, relocate Ziva, and get up, "Yes?" I open the door and find a strikingly attractive brunette woman with bright blue eyes, dressed in sleek black clothing, "Can I help you?"

She pushes by me into the flat and sits down in Sherlock's chair, "Now you can." I close the door and place my hands on my hips.

"I didn't invite you in. But I presume that you're Irene Adler." Her eyes spark.

"Oh you're a rather keen little thing aren't you, Miss Markwardt." I purse my lips.

"Why are you here?"

"Needed a place to stay. Would've used Sherlock's bed but since you're in the picture, I decided to pay his new pet a visit." My face flushes red and she smirks.

"I'm his lover, not his pet, Miss Adler."

"That's not why I was smirking, sweetheart. You reacted to my statement about using his bed," She chuckles, "Never fear, dearie, he wasn't in it with me. I snuck into the flat while he and John were out. I was dodging some enemies."

"Miss Adler, this is my flat. I did not invite you in here so kindly get out." I direct.

"I thought you were a charitable woman?"

"Why should I house you?"

"I can't stay with your boyfriend, or can I?"

"I'm sure a hotel would do just fine, Miss Adler. If you can afford that outfit I'm sure you can cough up enough money for a hotel."

"But they're not private, you see."

"Exactly. Plenty of eyes and ears should you be threatened. Get out."

"You're a hard woman. A shrewd one, even."

"Git," I point towards the door. Then I have an idea, "On second thought, stay. I'd much rather have you under my nose." She looks at me.

"Really? You'll let me stay?"

"Yes, but no sneaking out or pillaging through my things. You can stay the night in the guest room."

"I can see it in your eyes. You're plotting something, Miss Markwardt."

"There is a caveat to this arrangement."

"Oh? Do tell."

"Lose the makeup. All of it. I can't take you seriously with all that." This shocks her.

"What?"

"Lose it. And your phone. Give it." I outstretch my hand. She considers it and then huffs.

"Fine. You win." She gets up and hands me the phone. I smile mischievously.

"Thank you. Now go clean up." She sends me a dangerous smile and goes down the hall. I take her phone and pad to the conputer. I hook it up and open my special forensics software. Within seconds, I have it completely unlocked, "I'm being so naughty, hacking this thing." I barely whisper.

I smile and download everything off of it, then go in and make a few changes. Small changes, like ringtones or profile info. For Sherlock I make a special tweak. Just to remind Irene.

I exit out of everything and lock it back the way it was. I'm sitting on the chaise with Ziva by the time Irene reappears, washed off and clean. I look at the clock and exhale, "Well then. Time for bed."

"Indeed. I don't suppose I could use your kitchen and eat a bit?"

"Get a snack and go to bed." I order. She smiles playfully.

"Alright then."

I watch her grab a snack and then show her the guest bedroom, "If you leave the flat I will know."

"Of course. Good night."

"Sleep well." I bid and once she goes in and closes the door, I go to mine. What will Sherlock think?

I slip her phone into my pillow case and turn it off before tucking in. Ziva hops onto the bed and scuttles under the covers, climbing under my shirt and resting against my chest. I smile and let myself drift off.

Thank you for reading!!