The Wedding Rehearsal {Susanna}

October 9th

We pull up into the grounds of the Old Royal Naval College and I smile to myself. Sherlock is already inside the Chapel with the Chaplain, John, and everyone except my bridesmaids and Molly. This evening we're going to rehearse the ceremony and get a detailed tour of the campus, to see where we'll all get ready and familiarize ourselves with the locations.

I'm coming from a busy day out with the girls. It was a lot of fun for us to get everything done together. We held my bridal shower this morning and afterwards we went to a salon-spa to get mani-pedis and hair trims. I got a simple job with crimson nail polish and fresh layers in my hair, but I enjoyed watching the others play with designs and styles.

"Remind me, what did you all do for Sherlock's bachelor party?" Brooklyn asks Molly as we get out of the van. The pathologist chuckles.

"His Stag Night? We set up a scavenger hunt slash case for him around London. At the end of it we had a small party for him at Scotland Yard. It was quite fun actually. Sherlock enjoyed it a lot."

We make it into the Chapel and find the rest of the bridal party gathered. Sherlock sees me and smiles adorably as I walk up and hug him, "Fun day, Susanna?"

"Yes, it was a lot of fun," We share a chaste kiss, "How was your day?"

"A series of small cases and a successful visit to the Jewellers for the rings. They did an excellent job soldering your engagement ring and wedding band together. Final preparations are finished as well."

"That's wonderful, darling. I suppose John had fun keeping up?"

John pipes up, "Always do." The rest of us laugh and then Chaplain Brassington calls our attention forward to go over the processional and ceremony a couple times before we actually rehearse. We have to remind the little ones of their specific roles a few times as well.

Once everyone knows the schedule of events, we get into order for the first run through. Chaplain Brassington, Sherlock and John approach the altar from the side entry and take their places, signaling the processional start.

Since I walk last with my both Pa and Dad, each on one arm, I have to try to contain my bursting excitement while somewhat consoling the two. When we finally do walk into the Chapel, even though it isn't the real thing yet, seeing Sherlock at the end of the aisle with a bright smile makes my heart swell.

Less than twenty four hours now. Tomorrow at noon, it'll be the real thing and we'll finally be married.

Once the order is down pat after four run throughs, we work on the finer details. We show Armando the correct way to hold the ring box, since we didn't want to take chances with a solitary pillow, and work with Rosie and Isla on where to throw the flower petals. After that we practice timing and call it good.

Sherlock takes hold of my hand after the rehearsal is done and whispers in my ear, "I almost wish we could have married tonight."

"Oh, Sherlock, if we did then you wouldn't have gotten to see me in my wedding dress. And I want to see you in your tux as well."

He chuckles, "It was tempting though, to just have the Chaplain perform the full ceremony."

"Yes, I know. But it'll be worth it tomorrow." He lifts my hand to his lips.

"Of course, Love." I giggle and kiss his cheek as we join the others for the tour.

The Suites where Sherlock and I will get ready, plus our respective parties, are our first stop. Then we visit the Admiral's House, where our Wedding Breakfast will be, and then the Painted Hall where we'll hold our Reception.

Sherlock and I hold hands the entire time, revelling in the moment. We pick out a few locations for photos that we like and then check on a few more things, like the cake and music selection, before we all leave for the rehearsal dinner at Angelo's.

At around eight, I take my leave with Brooklyn and the bridesmaids to head over to her flat. Just before I can leave though Sherlock pulls me aside, just out of view, and kisses me deeply. When we pull apart I blush, "Just one more before tomorrow?"

He smiles and we share a second. Then we embrace and Sherlock brushes his hands down my arms, "I'll see you tomorrow, Love."

"Yes," I kiss his cheek, "Now I have to go. Alright?"

"Of course. The bride needs as much sleep as she can get." I laugh.

"Try to get a good night's rest as well, Darling?"

"John won't let me do otherwise."

"Of course he won't," We share one last kiss and I wink at him as I leave, "Good night, Sherlock."

Thanks for reading!!