FIN

Sherlock opened his eyes and the first sensation to register was the new warmth beside him. He turned over to gaze at Susanna's slumbering form- she had turned onto her left side and her long peach blonde curls were strewn messily over the pillows.

For an airborne wedding night, it had been amazing. Sherlock smiled and pressed closer to cuddle Susanna. He slipped his arms around her and dipped his head into her hair. It still smelled faintly of her shampoo and perfume- he breathed it in and let his eyes close once more to savor the moment.

His hands found her left one and he felt for her bridal set. Just to assure himself that the scene was genuinely real. Once he was satisfied he clasped his hand around hers and exhaled contentedly. Content. Such a rare description applied to me. He mused.

He calculated that it was ten minutes before his new wife stirred awake. Susanna stroked her husband's hand with her thumb and sighed, "Good Morning, Sherlock."

"Sleep well?" He kissed her ear and she giggled.

"Very, darling," She rolled over to face him, "You?"

"Likewise, Love," She smiled and rested her hands on his bare chest, then giggled, "What?"

"Your heart is racing, Sherlock, I can feel it pounding."

He smiled, "And what about my pupils?"

"Dilated. I can barely see the blue."

He pulled her closer, "I Love You."

"I Love You too." Susanna replied and admited her head up to kiss his jawline. They stayed in each other's arms for a long while before their pilots gave them a heads up. Then the newlyweds untangled themselves and rose from the bed to freshen up.

Sherlock changed into his purple button up and a fresh pair of black trousers as Susanna dressed in a deep orange knit tunic with dark leggings, slipping on a pair of knee high boots to complete the look. Sherlock watched her from the bed as she brushed out and redid her hair in a french twist, using an abalone comb. Something that had always eluded him was how she could get her curls into a neat updo. Another was how she could pack a small arsenal into her purse.

When she came back from the bathroom Sherlock had an impulse to pluck out the comb holding her twist together if only to watch her hair spill over her shoulders again like last night. But he decided to save it for later, once they were officially checked in to their honeymoon suite.

He'd let Susanna do a lot of the planning for their honeymoon getaway since he wasn't particularly picky about it. She was, however, so she took charge of it. Since they'd had a fall wedding they decided they wanted to go where the autumn colors would be at their most vibrant. And where they would be able to escape and focus on each other without the world interrupting, as it so often did.

Susanna was thus quick to insist they honeymooned at the Greenbrier Resort in West Virginia. It was a remote, palatial estate settled in the old mountains, and the fall foliage would be in peak season during their stay. There was more than enough to do and to see as well. Sherlock had been surprised at her location of choice but nonetheless agreed. They could disappear for a week and not worry about cases or relatives. Unless it was a level nine or someone was in critical condition, the newlyweds wouldn't be bothered.

"Excited, Sherlock?"

"You keep asking me that, Susanna. I have told you several times that I am," She smiled coyly and walked over to his perch on the end of the bed. When she got close enough he pulled her down into his lap, "The descent will be starting soon. It would be unsafe for you to keep walking around."

"I suppose that wing-walking is also out of the question?" She chuckled when his expression contorted, "I was joking, Sherlock. You couldn't pay me to wing-walk."

"Good, because I wouldn't permit you to risk your safety in such a way," He turned and laid her back on the bed, "I just married you, Missus Holmes, and I don't intend to lose you anytime soon."

The plane dropped, having officially started its descent. Susanna used the momentum to pull Sherlock down with her, "I don't intend to lose you anytime soon either, Mister Holmes."

Thank you for 2000 reads and shout out to everyone who's stuck with me throughout the book! The third will be coming soon so stay tuned!